Smallville dvd

cartoonboy

Let's Rock!
I know this is a bit premature as we are only 4 episodes in but with the strong ratings and the premise of a young superman, what do you think the chances are of seeing this in dvd format?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Rumors are already circulating about the big possiblity of this show hitting DVD. This was reported in the site's newspage last week.

Calhoun07

It's Me
Even tho it's a bit formulaic, I would buy DVDs of this show. I hope they do more than just the pilot.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
If there was going to be a season set of SMALLVILLE, it wouldn't hit for years! But a "movie" disc with the pilot and following episode would be very, very likely. WB is doing it for TNT's Witchblade so I wouldn't be shocked.

Calhoun07

It's Me
why couldn't they do season sets on Smallville they way they are doing Sex and the City and Sopranos, which is come out with the season set the year after the previous season ended? That way, we'd only have to wait a year or so after season one wraps up to get our DVD set.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Becuase then repeats wouldn't have the same rerun market value if they were readily available on DVD. The reason why SOPRANOS and SEX & THE CITY can be out to DVD so soon is becuase HBO is a cable channel, and the shows stay on that one network. They don't really have a rerun value becuase reruns are scattered throughout the various channels at different times. SMALLVILLE can still be rerun (and make a profit) on TNN and TNT. It's all about money.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts