"Smallfoot" (2018) Pre-Release Discussion

DeanBurrito25

The teaser for the next original animated film from Warner Bros/Warner Animation Group is ready. Saw this in front of "Coco" a few days ago.

Looks like WB is tapping into Sony Pictures Imageworks again for the animation, much like they did with "Storks". That's why the movie looks like it should be a Sony Pictures Animation film (Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy, etc.) The premise sounds good but I'm surprised by the raw amount of celebrity talent that will be in the movie. LeBron James? Common? Danny Devito? James Corden???

You can find character posters for the movie here.

DeanBurrito25

Did I not put it in there? My bad.

(Ah, I see I put it in the CN thread. Really dropped the ball there haha)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
For a second I thought the character was voiced by PewDiePie. Sounded a lot like him in the first half. Premise is quite funny. Setting is refreshing. Cast is interesting. Visuals are ok. It could be good.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Nothing laugh out loud funny, but I enjoy the art style, and I can see it be an enjoyable feature.

Although having James Corden appear in yet another animated film is making me roll my eyes. How he's managed to become so popular still baffles me, and seeing him squirm his way into every single solitary animated movie that comes out nowadays is getting pretty tiring.

Dudley

Staff member
I like how it looks visually, but other than that, nothing else feels special. I do hope the movie does good. WAG needs to prove they can stand on their own since it’s been shown they can’t rely on nothing but Lego movies.

Granted, there’s still the TTG movie, and a huge library of properties to mine. So maybe the key will be to focus more on recognizable IPs and not original projects, but this is all pure speculation.

Nothing laugh out loud funny, but I enjoy the art style, and I can see it be an enjoyable feature.

Although having James Corden appear in yet another animated film is making me roll my eyes. How he's managed to become so popular still baffles me, and seeing him squirm his way into every single solitary animated movie that comes out nowadays is getting pretty tiring.

What else is he in aside from Peter Rabbit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
What else is he in aside from Peter Rabbit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animated-wise, Trolls, Emoji, and Wreck-It Ralph. I guess it isn't a lot, but I just find him to be obnoxious and unfunny, which makes him feel more omnipresent to me than he actually is.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
According to Animation Magazine, the film will be a musical as well, complete with 6 original songs. Here are two of them so far:

"Wonderful Life", sung by Zendya as Meechee

"Percy's Pressure", sung by James Corden as Percy

One more thing, the movie is based on a supposedly unpublished book, titled "Yeti Tracks", by Spanish animator Sergio Pablos (Despicable Me, Klaus, Rio), who also serves as one of the movie's executive producers.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts