Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

homeofthebadguys

I mean...it did come out of the blue tbh. They seemed to be doing quite well for a while, and then everything just came to a halt....

I never saw the metrics for the block, but Sinclair wouldn't have pulled the plug if it was doing well
My guess was it had to do with the move to TBD. TBD wasn't being carried on that many stations until This (under 50% Tribune Media ownership at the time) dropped KidsClick (that's how KTXL-TV got a TBD affiliate as a 4th programme on that channel, several other areas with a Tribune station added TBD as well). When This (IMO, a rather dumb name for a movie network. It seems to have come from the network's slogan at launch) was running the block there were an audio issue that regularly popped up for a good amount of time, TBD didn't have that issue.

This and KTXL-TV changed hands to Nexstar rather recently. That Nexstar purchase involved Tribune Media's channels and their two broadcast networks (This and Antenna TV) along with Tribune's cablecasts (Chicagoland Television, WGN America and a partial Television Food Network, G.P. (Food Network and Cooking Channel operators) ownership).

As for This... They're drifting away into TV shows, as when you tune into your local This during daytime, you'll find a TV show being ran instead of a film, as movies are only running around prime time and the night now. Mind you that Nexstar already has a network that deals in classic TV (Antenna TV), making having a movie channel bend toward TV shows to be (for lack of a better term) redundant. My area's supposed to replace This with CourtTV around the beginning of November.

Reactions: RDG

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Since Sinclair has deleted pretty much everything, I guess there's no harm in sharing this. There are shows that were planned to air on KidsClick that for whatever reason didn't happen. Some of these are things you guys know about. Others are new.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Oddbods
Pocket Watch
Sonic X
Transformers Prime as well as Robots in Disguise (2015)

This isn't a list of my requests or something I made up. There are probably more shows that I'm unaware of.

I have no idea what Pocket Watch refers to. My 2 cents is that it was probably recycled footage from the company that manages Ryan's Toy Reviews.
I know this thread is supposed to remain dead, but… source For these?

Moe

I know this thread is supposed to remain dead, but… source For these?
When I saw this thread on front of forum, so it made me think that KidsClick is going to be revived, but... nevermind. I just want non-E/I kid shows to replace the stupid infomercials on Charge! (action driven) and Comet (sci-fi driven).

harry580

When I saw this thread on front of forum, so it made me think that KidsClick is going to be revived, but... nevermind. I just want non-E/I kid shows to replace the stupid infomercials on Charge! (action driven) and Comet (sci-fi driven).
so you want charge to have a block similar to toonami while comet gets a block similar to cartoon quest

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts