Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Mandouga

Let's not make any assumptions just yet. It was previously said/implied that the DVD release would be based on the "macekred" English "version" by "Leisure Concepts Inc." (their original name when they were founded as a licensing agency), but it turned out it was the original international English version made by Rainbow (or RAI; not sure) themselves (this is the version that's on Netflix). In any case, let's wait for it to premiere first, then we'll what's happening.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Okay, watching Team Hot Wheels (which was a different segment this week) this morning and that's clearly not the 4Kids dub in the promo with Stella.
I guess we'll know tomorrow morning.

sasq

I kinda wish KidsClick could come to Italy (not through Sinclair obviously), local station have been kinda poor in these recent years, mostly airing teleshopping.

Takao

Okay, I just heard this.
Cinelume version confirmed.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Define what exactly about this block is "snark bait".
Okay. Given its reputation on suffering from glitches that causes several episodes to be repeated as in the same episode is shown every day, it's become a punchline of a failed return to SatAM blocks in the US.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

Yeah, it's the original English version of Winx Club, but it's...slowed down (the theme song is in the key of D major)? Or was it the original speed to begin with, with the Netflix version being based on the PAL version (where the theme song is in the key of Eb major)?

Micahel Cataldo

Why can't the use the song that was used for the first couple of promos for Family Guy back in 1999 and the first promo for The Tex Avery Show back in Cartoon Network's checkerboard era?

hobbyfan

Why can't the use the song that was used for the first couple of promos for Family Guy back in 1999 and the first promo for The Tex Avery Show back in Cartoon Network's checkerboard era?

They don't fit Kids Click. Period. Ya might want to think things through going forward.

homeofthebadguys

They don't fit Kids Click. Period. Ya might want to think things through going forward.
Speaking of music, it sounds like the song they use might be a piece of production music. Anybody able to waste their time scanning through production music libraries?

Takao

Here's something a little interesting:
The title card is for "Team Hot Wheels: Search for the 5th Driver." I can't find any online entries of that anywhere. Could this be KidsClick's first global debut? It's scheduled for October 28th and 29th.

Here's the other Team Hot Wheels specials they've run:
The Skills to Thrill
Build the Epic Race

Takao

Team Hot Wheels: Search for the 5th Driver is some weird interactive QTE video game, which obviously didn't work on linear television. I'm guessing Mattel just gave them a box of hard drives and no one checked lol.

Takao

Yes. You'd wait a few seconds for a user choice and then it would autoplay one.

Mandouga

(plays "'wah wah wah wah' trumpet" sound effect)

This describes how I feel about this in general.

Still, I have to say it. They've messed up before, but this time they really did it. I'm not kidding. I'm beginning to think these guys really don't know what they're doing. Either that, or as I said before, they may be trying to sabotage their own block on purpose. An interactive game? What were they thinking? It also seems like they just give form responses when people ask them serious questions (like one about their iOS and Android app on their Facebook page). This is also in addition to the problem of playing episodes people saw a week ago. It's like they don't even realize that people do know the difference. These aren't just "cartoons", they're TV shows that have episodes other than the ones they've been playing. Does KidsClick honestly think people view "cartoons" in such a short sighted way? Do they think people (regardless of age) won't care that they've been playing episodes people just saw a few days to a week ago? I'm even beginning to consider the possibility that, to be totally honest, they may not even be trying. I mean, they took off Robocop: Alpha Commando without even bothering to show more episodes than the ones they had already shown eleventy billion times (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). They also seem to have been unable to decide whether shows that air on both the weekday and weekend blocks have the same order of episodes that are shown, or if they have separate ones for weekdays and weekends.

Look, everyone, I'll stick with this block for now, but let me tell you all something. Something is going on over there, and sooner or later people are going to find out one way or the other. KidsClick needs to make it easier on themselves, and just tell everyone what is going on here. Are they afraid that they will lose viewers? The thing is, they may be doing that already, but we'll see what happens one way or another...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts