Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Lex The Bookworm

As much as I would like for Oggy to return to linear TV, I think it would be best if the show stayed on Netflix. Cable TV is already declining as is.
Since Netflix's contact with Xilam Animation will expire this fall so season 6 will unlikely premiere this summer unless Netflix renews the contract every 2 years.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
One problem with KidsClick is that it wasn't mandatory to Sinclair-owned stations. It was also not syndicated, and the weekday block ran when many kids were at school(I can speak for this) instead of the afternoon.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
One problem with KidsClick is that it wasn't mandatory to Sinclair-owned stations. It was also not syndicated, and the weekday block ran when many kids were at school(I can speak for this) instead of the afternoon.
I believe it wasn't even carried on some larger cities, not even on smaller independents.

gokaiblue

One station in Myrtle Beach aired it at 4am with a break at 6am for a local show. Not sure any kids were crazy enough to wake up that early for cartoons (though this man was crazy enough to wake up that early when he was vacationing there).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
One station in Myrtle Beach aired it at 4am with a break at 6am for a local show. Not sure any kids were crazy enough to wake up that early for cartoons (though this man was crazy enough to wake up that early when he was vacationing there).
Reminds me of the ill-fated Broadcast Partners block that never materialized, it was mostly intended to be shown at 4am had stations insisted.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
what block

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Oof.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Reminds me of the ill-fated Broadcast Partners block that never materialized, it was mostly intended to be shown at 4am had stations insisted.
Forgot all about it.

MegasMilo379

Finally.
The title of this thread needs to change. If we're still talking about KidsClick after its demise, it at least should be accurate.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The title of this thread needs to change. If we're still talking about KidsClick after its demise, it at least should be accurate.
Even during its run we didn't even feel like changing the name of it.
They still list the shows as available to stations.
How come? Basically I don't consider this to be viable in the coming years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...
I made another temporary rebrand now, this time for two weeks, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of CN City's European introduction (21 April 2006).

Includes a 2004-styled profile picture and a banner featuring the 2010-present ITC Lubalin font and a checkerboard-styled logo.

I also plan to occasionally post in the 10th international CN thread, and City era CN CEE schedules.
man i can't wait for The CW's version of the Powerpuff Girls

Featured Posts