Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I don't think Scary Larry is permanently gone. They keep running Pac-Man Christmas episodes in its slot, so it's probably just for the month of December.

homeofthebadguys

The Live stream is up on the site, but seems to be a looping 3-second video. Looks like they aren't ready to do live video, yet.

Sunnydee

It looks like the weekend schedule change might be permanent

They just posted this:

But they also said that new shows will be coming in the new year here:

I don't know if those shows would be coming sooner rather than later. I do think that's an encouraging sign for the block though!

And they also replied to a comment on the facebook page about Season 2 of Miraculous and said that they're "planning on getting it soon."

Dudley

Staff member
I remember how Miraculous Ladybug was supposed to come on Netflix this December after several delays, but now it’s been pushed back to spring of next year! Meanwhile new episodes are rolling out all over European networks.
I guess in the States it’s now a wait to see if the second season will drop on Netflix or air on Kidsclick first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
You'll have to forgive me, I'm playing catch up on this "Kidsclick" concept...

But the only thing that distinguishes Kidsclick from "Vortexx/Toonzai/CW for Kids/Fox Box/Fox Kids/Kids WB" is...

a) Kidsclick is relying 100% on reruns of shows made for other networks (instead of producing it's own material) and b) This isn't airing on Fox or The CW (or ABC/NBC/CBS)...from what I can tell, it's only airing on something called "This TV" (which is an "over the air" antenna channel, so not the same as cable, but not the same as Fox or The CW/Kids WB)...

Right?

Even in the later days of Toonzai/Vortexx, those blocks were producing their own shows, weren't they?

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Technically it IS airing on some Sinclair-owned Fox and CW stations as well as a few MyNetworkTV stations.

Oh, really? Hmm, that's why I'm missing out on this...

So back in the day when Toonzai and the Vortexx was on the air, were those children's blocks on ALL "CW" channels, or on only select ones (like "Kidsclick" is)...

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
So back in the day when Toonzai and the Vortexx was on the air, were those children's blocks on ALL "CW" channels, or on only select ones (like "Kidsclick" is)...
This is the only info I can find:
WTVW in Evansville, Indiana (which hurriedly joined The CW on January 31, 2013 due to the market's former affiliate going dark) was unable to schedule the block when it initially began its affiliation with the network, due to contractual obligations to paid programming slots and existing syndicated E/I programming on Saturday mornings through March 2013. The station began carrying Vortexx in its network-recommended timeslot on April 6, 2013, with the station's acquired E/I programming moving to Sunday afternoons.

Takao

The Live stream is up on the site, but seems to be a looping 3-second video. Looks like they aren't ready to do live video, yet.

The live stream works, but it's only live during the block's hours in a random time zone lol.

I managed to screen cap their holiday branding:

Attachments

• kidsclick christmas 2.PNG
    kidsclick christmas 2.PNG
    331.2 KB · Views: 55
  • kidsclick christmas.PNG
    kidsclick christmas.PNG
    170 KB · Views: 73

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Well...if they plan on acquiring more shows in 2018, that must be a good sign.

I just hope said shows are good.

homeofthebadguys

^What about other Hot Wheels shows?
That's possible, too. Keep in mind Mattel is in a rather bad spot with sales and doesn't have that many shows to run.
There's like 4 shows that I know of that Mattel has made as of launching Mattel Playground. Sinclair's currently running two of the four known.

Dudley

Staff member
That's possible, too. Keep in mind Mattel is in a rather bad spot with sales and doesn't have that many shows to run.
There's like 4 shows that I know of that Mattel has made as of launching Mattel Playground. Sinclair's currently running two of the four known.

Mattel has invested a lot in short form programming, they could try to compile those shorts to fit a 15 minute program, or maybe interstitials.
If Mattel wants to invest in new programming to turn the tide for sales by making a show for TV, they can do much better than KidsClick, unless they’re truly desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
MOD NOTE: I have deleted several posts that are straying too far off topic and which are proving disruptive.

Please keep discussion on topic.

Takao

Don't know if anyone cares, but the second season of Winx started on Monday. Still the Cinelume dub.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts