Simpsons Shorts on Disney+ Talkback (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm not literal, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be proving a point.
The point that not everything I say is 100% grammatically accurate? That needs to be proven? Okay. You do you.

Man, you go around correcting people's grammar on the internet you'll be there all day.

Edit:

Also not sure how I got sucked into an argument on the veracity of my opinion on the shorts by someone who hasn't even seen them.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It’s a pretty wide margin though. It’s obviously not everyone but General Consensus does exist.
Saying nobody likes something is a common saying, and also one that is never intended to literal. I feel frustrated I have to argue that.

This site is so frustrating at times. I find myself embroiled in and arguing over minutia instead of talking about and enjoying things I love. I don't feel like debating on the site anymore for this reason, and I resent getting sucked into one over a review I wrote months ago.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
There are many times where I wind up feeling obnoxious and awful about myself after repeating those types of phrases. Even when I don’t use them very often.

But there’s also a clear distinction between getting the feel of how everyone else perceives something, and openly ridiculing others over opposite viewpoints.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I understand how and why people shy away from phrases like that or saying that you love or hate something or someone. Me? I talk like an actual person. If I offend someone with a racially or sexually insensitive thing, let me know, and I'll check myself. But I don't really feel like changing the way I speak in generalities to please the pedants. Maybe that's a failing, but I think my willingness to accommodate and be mindful of others only goes so far. My liberal guilt doesn't extend to grammar absolutists.

This is my last post on the topic as it's getting off-topic and the mods hate that. If anyone else needs to tell me how much I suck for the way I speak please PM me. Or don't. Really. I don't need to have every single one of my failings detailed every time it happens.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts