"Silk" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Deadline reports Sony is planning a movie adaptation of the Marvel comic Silk.
Sony and producer Amy Pascal are in early development on a movie adaptation of the Marvel comic Silk, about Korean-American superheroine Cindy Moon, which was created by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
In the comics, Cindy is a student in Peter Parker’s class who also is bitten by a radioactive spider around the same time as Peter. She gains abilities similar to his, though she is able to shoot webs out of her fingertips, possesses an eidetic memory, and has advanced Spider-Sense (known as Silk Sense) far stronger than Peter’s. She also has less superhuman strength than him but is faster.
While this project will mark the first stand-alone feature for Cindy Moon, it wouldn’t be the first time she appears in the MCU. The character was seen in Pascal-produced Spider-Man: Homecoming (played by Tiffany Espensen) as a member of the decathlon team along with Tom Holland’s Peter Parker. In Avengers: Infinity War, Espensen reprises her role briefly when Cindy is shown on the bus with Peter when he plants a distraction in order to get into costume.

Frontier

Staff member
I like Silk in the comics, but I just have to say...let it go Sony. Just let it go :sweat:.

Although if they're going for a female-led Spider-Movie, I'm surprised they're aiming for Silk instead of Spider-Gwen o_O.

I think this has marginally more chance of getting made then Silver and Black or Morbius, but that isn't saying much :shrug:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It's so weird that they would do Silk before Spider-Woman (unless the rumors are true about her being in Homecoming 2).

I've literally never read a single comic with Silk, though, so I can't really judge at all.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
First, it's a movie. Now, a streaming show. Here we go again.
That feels like the course of events with Black and Silver. Sony just knows they need to pump out as much spider media as possible, no matter the outlet.

It doesn't feel as though they're ever giving up on this universe now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

reflection01

Sony is going to milk the IP with the PS5. I wish they’d just pay Marvel to make good films and put them in the MCU so people will care about them. That could be much more profitable than trying themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdrenalineRush1996

Sony is going to milk the IP with the PS5. I wish they’d just pay Marvel to make good films and put them in the MCU so people will care about them. That could be much more profitable than trying themselves.
Well, I would like to see both Pascal and Arad to be no longer involved in the franchise anymore.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sang Kyu Kim (The Walking Dead, Jupiter's Legacy) is set to serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, a casting description for Cindy Moon, "a Korean-American between 19 and 29 years old who is a kid from Queens who is on her own for the first time. Although she’s a total beginner in law enforcement and fighting crime, she is said to love the feeling of beating up criminals to let her frustrations out, and has an affinity for ‘80s and ‘90s pop culture. She also struggles with her identity and heritage, but she tries to focus on her family, friends, and relationships," producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller have reportedly met with Adeline Rudolph, (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Riverdale), and Lauren Moon was previously in talks to write.

Frontier

Staff member
Sang Kyu Kim (The Walking Dead, Jupiter's Legacy) is set to serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, a casting description for Cindy Moon, "a Korean-American between 19 and 29 years old who is a kid from Queens who is on her own for the first time. Although she’s a total beginner in law enforcement and fighting crime, she is said to love the feeling of beating up criminals to let her frustrations out, and has an affinity for ‘80s and ‘90s pop culture. She also struggles with her identity and heritage, but she tries to focus on her family, friends, and relationships," producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller have reportedly met with Adeline Rudolph, (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Riverdale), and Lauren Moon was previously in talks to write.
Okay...That's a big age range when she's ostensibly supposed to be in her late 20's, unless they're telling someone who can believably play her during flashback to her teen years before she went into the bunker. But then they call her a kid so it sounds like she's young :confused:.

"Law enforcement?" So are they eschewing her news job for working for the police o_O?

I mean, the older pop culture reference makes sense because she was supposed to be in a bunker while culture moved on :p.

She does have a tendency to go overboard during a fight because of her feelings...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If only it was possible for companies to rethink their decision to make movies exclusive to streaming back to their initial supposed theatrican run - they'll have to look at how the situation is faring in countries and regions.

Wonder why it's impossible to screen "outdated" or "delayed" movies when the situation eases.
Changed the banner to match the upcoming anniversary better. Based on the logo switch ident featuring Bloo.
MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...

Featured Posts