Shows that Never Aired in the USA

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
Most original shows shows aired on YTV or Treehouse never made it over, like The Fuzzpaws and PJ Katie's Farm, though the latter was going to air in the United States.
There's also more CBeebies shows that have not made it over, like Everything's Rosie, Baby Jake, The Large Family and Nina and the Neurons. However, if you have a specific cable provider, you can watch some of these these on demand.
Speaking of British shows, there was an interesting claymation show called Astro Farm that only aired in the UK about this farm in outer space. There's also The Wombles, a very famous puppet show there, Captain Pugwash, Button Moon and Dream Street (not to be confused with the music group, this was a show about cars).

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Garbage Pail Kids, which unlike some of the examples in this thread, was meant to air in the U.S. but was pulled before it could do so. It aired later in the U.K. instead.
It also aired in Trinidad, per a former co-worker who lived there.

stephane dumas

The early 1980s animated adaptation of the Franco-Belgian comic book Lucky Luke co-produced with Hanna-Barbara wasn't aired in the US despite being available in English.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Wait, really? That cartoon is still aired here in Flanders. The creator (Morris) came from Flanders, but wrote his comics in French.

Mandouga

I meant when it originally aired in the 1990s. When it aired on the This TV network, it was technically a "rerun" after the fact.

Dudley

Staff member
Thinking of more, unless you count Angry Birds Toons.Tv app, The Daltons never aired in the US, nor A Kind of Magic.
Let’s see...the British cartoons Prince of Atlantis, Noah’s Island, Victor and Hugo: Bunglers and Crime also haven’t aired, AFAIK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I wonder if Ox Tales would apply to this, since there was an English dub and had aired outside of Japan, although there was a little to no mention about it bring aired in US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mandouga

If "The Adventures of Hello Kitty and Friends" is what I think it is, I think that aired in the U.S. on what used to be called Toon Disney, and is known as simply "Hello Kitty and Friends".

Dylan James Yi

You know, Sergeant Stripes never even aired in the US, Also Angelmouse nevered even aired in the US too. Doris, the show by Hilary Hayton nevered aired in the US, Puppydog Tales (AKA: Rosie & Ruff in Puppydog Tales) never aired in the US too because only Crystal Tipps and Alistair was in the US, only as a segment on Captain Kangaroo and on Nickelodeon's Pinwheel. Meeow! does not aired in the US. Fly Tales only aired in Canada on Teletoon and in the UK on Cartoon Network in the UK but never aired in the US. James the Cat nevered aired in the US until 2005 on PBS Kids Sprout (Now Universal Kids) and only short-lived airings for this, Happened with Archibald the Koala which nevered aired in the US until 2005 on PBS Kids Sprout (Now Universal Kids) and only short-lived airings of this. Sooty's Amazing Adventures (A Lost animated spin-off of the Franchise) didn't aired in the US. Nellie the Elephant, Junglies and Philbert Frog never even airs in the US. The 1987-1994 Series of Fireman Sam haven't aired in the US at all. Percy the Park Keeper does even aired in the US on PBS Kids Sprout (Now Universal Kids) in around 2007 or 2008?

Also for the Live action shows nevered even aired in the USA:

• The Sooty Show, Sooty & Co, Sooty Heights, Sooty (2001) and Sooty (2011): The Franchise just only seen in the US on one segment on one episode of the Mickey Mouse Club in 1955.
  • You Do Too: One of Nick Jr. Uk's Original Shows not to be aired in the US.
  • Let's Get Squiggling: The show only aired in the UK and Canada on Knowledge Kids.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Why? It's part of their animated library. I would be more surprised if it WASN'T available.
The character Marsupilami isn't created by Disney and also not currently owned by Disney. I don't know if they are still allowed to air Disney's Marsupilami.

Mandouga

Disney's version is an adaptation to be sure. If they were to make a new series, that would be one thing, but I'm sure that they can still air the previous show they made in the 1990s (including the Raw Toonage segments) whenever they want. They could even release it on home video if they wanted to.

EDIT: removed an extra word.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts