Shows that Never Aired in the USA

Dylan James Yi

Hey, you see, the shows never even aired and picked up in The USA.

Here's Examples of Shows never even aired and picked up in The USA:
  • Sergeant Stripes
  • Meeow!
  • Angelmouse
  • Nellie the Elephant
  • Junglies
  • Philbert Frog
  • Puppydog Tales (AKA: Rosie & Ruff in Puppydog Tales)
  • Timbuctoo (TV series)
  • Fly Tales
  • The Lampies
  • Doris (Hilary Hayton; TV series)
  • Sooty's Amazing Adventures

Attachments

• 344019-meeow-2015-04-27-075000.jpg
    344019-meeow-2015-04-27-075000.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 565
  • hqdefault (16).jpg
    hqdefault (16).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
The one that I know that never made into the US was the anime spinoff, Powerpuff Girls Z, despite of the show having a English dub, but only air that in other english speaking countries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Keepvogel / Coppernickel
Floopaloo, where are you?
Hubert & Takako
Alfred Jodocus Kwak
Spirou and Fantasio: Two of a Kind (short time on Netflix USA)

I always seem to repeat the same shows :D

Dudley

Staff member
There are a LOT of shows that never aired in the States. Heck there’s plenty of anime that never made it to the U.S. Like the 1979 Doreamon series, Tensei Bakabon, Midori no Makibao, Totemo Luckyman, Per-man, Sazae-San (world’s longest running cartoon), Chibi Maruko-Chan, the Time Bokan series, several Pretty Cure series....
As for non-Japanese series, I don’t think Zig and Sharko aired on TV here, unless you count Netflix.
I could go on and on, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommypezmaster

• Iggy Arbuckle-I wonder why this is one of the Canadian programs that was never picked up on a US channel? It is very tame compare to what we did get from Canada in recent years.
  • Baby Jake-A really good series for very young children.
  • The Beagal and Becky Show-I see US channels giving it the cold shoulder, like they did w/ Iggy Arbuckle.
  • Yoohoo and Friend-It's made by the same guy that made Cow & Chicken and I M Weasel & you think that it'll get some US recondition.
  • Bounty Hamster-The infamous non US show of them all.
  • CJ The DJ-Made by the same guy that made Yakkity Yak. Which has a cult following in the states.

jaylop97

Staff member
  • Iggy Arbuckle-I wonder why this is one of the Canadian programs that was never picked up on a US channel? It is very tame compare to what we did get from Canada in recent years.
Lately channels are wanting less to do with acquired programming, Cartoon Network was pretty much at one point the only channel that cared about Canadian cartoons, but after 2014 it isn't very interested.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Spaced Out. It never aired in North America (except for Quebec), ironically the English dub was made at a Vancouver studio.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
I could probably talk all day about anime, but I'm just going to start off with Fred's Head, a French/Quebec Teletoon original that aired in Canada. Cartoon Network skipped over the show when they were crazy about all things Canadian, possibly because of some of the subject matter tackled (underage drinking, homosexuality, mild swearing, etc.), even though it aired with a "C8" rating on Teletoon. It also only got a French DVD release.

SpaceCowboy

The Marsupilami series animated by Marathon (France) would count, even though an English version exists. Maybe the failure of the Disney-animated one made it less attractive to broadcasters.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
You can probably guess why this French kids' show never aired in the US. You can find 15 English episodes on YouTube and 1 on futurikon.com.
The Marsupilami series animated by Marathon (France) would count, even though an English version exists. Maybe the failure of the Disney-animated one made it less attractive to broadcasters.
True. The Disney version had 13 episodes and the Marathon version 130.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I only saw the French one as a child. The Disney one can still be seen in some borderline obscure television channels in poorer countries of Hispanic America.

dothesmartthing

Planet Yakko
Dude, That's My Ghost! aired on Disney XD in the UK, but for some reason it never showed up in the U.S. Interestingly, the show's setting is in California.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
The others that I could think of are Toonmarty, Freaktown, Marcus Level, and that French animated show, ChronoKids.
All four never aired here.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

There's Mona the Vampire, which was only seen in Canada, and I believe C.L.Y.D.E., a show about a talking jukebox. These weren't seen in the U.S. until they aired on the old "This is for Kids" block on the This TV network. Oh yeah, I don't believe Gadget and the Gadgetinis* ever aired in the U.S., either. A show from Australia called Staines Down Drains never aired here either. There's also the German series Bibi Blocksberg (which of course, has an English version). A French series called Clémentine (which is pronounced differently from "My Darling Clementine") had a couple of compilation movies released on VHS by Celebrity Home Entertainment, but other than that, the full show was never seen here, as far as I know. A couple of series from the Netherlands, Alfred J. Kwak, and Star Street have English versions, but weren't seen here (although Star Street did get at least one compilation movie, also from Celebrity Home Entertainment). One of the earliest series from C&D (of "The Bots Master" fame) is a show called "Diplodo", which is about a boy and a girl who meet aliens called Diplodos. SIP Animation (W.I.T.C.H.) once made a show called Combo Niños. There's also a whole bunch of stuff from BRB Internacional (David the Gnome; Wisdom of the Gnomes) that never aired here as well.

*This show features the new adventures of Inspector Gadget, who is now a lieutenant, which is why "Inspector" isn't the name.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts