Shows that Never Aired in the USA

Latest News & Videos

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Perhaps noteworthy: Disney had to pay $10.3 million dollars (some sources say $9.3 million) to Marsu Productions in September 1997. Franquin died in January 1997.

Last edited:

ZanyLogic5

Dec 26, 2015
Florida, United States
If i had to think of some:

Super Mario Bros: NONE of or any adaptation that was made in Japan ever got a release here in the west. The most famous examples are Super Mario Bros: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach, The Super Mario Fairy Tale OVA's, a manga (Super Mario Kun, which is the longest running series in the franchise) and just about pretty much everything that was Japan-exclusive.

Crayon Shin Chan movies: Let's jusy say that ALL of them hardly got a chance to be released in the western market, despite the franchise's massive popularity in many eastern countries.

There's also cartoons that we're made in Canada. The ones i can think of are Nerds and Monsters and Looped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylan James Yi

Dylan James Yi

Apr 15, 2018
Elk Grove
Holy Cow! Here is I never saw for it:
  • Frootie Tooties: Well, because of this show, nevered aired in the US, one of the old programs on Nick Jr. UK channel.
  • Kit & Pup: While it was nevered aired in the US, I hope it will be picked up by either Universal Kids or PBS or Nick Jr. channel?
  • Lunar Jim: The show does air in the US, but only the spanish dub on V-me.
  • Mouk: How many times about this is not airing in the US?
  • Anatole: Well, the show isn't airing in the US.
  • Tigga and Togga: One of the canada shows ever not airing in the US, only airs in canada and UK.
  • Mr. Men (the original 1970's cartoon): While the 1980's Little Miss cartoon was in the US on home videos being dubbed in US, the old 1970's cartoon of the series doesn't air on US channels.
  • Button Moon: The show doesn't air in the US before like other shows only airing in UK and not picked up by any channels of the US.
  • Nontan (anime series): While the franchise wasn't shown outside of Japan and books are not translated and published in many languages, the anime series of this wasn't even dubbed in many languages, mostly nevered picked up in the US and dubbed in english.
  • Meeow!: The scottish show isn't even picked up in the US. Some MaisieMac books weren't published in the US and Canada (Even the scottish creator of the series' death in 2018).
  • Angelmouse: Why? Why? This shouldn't be picked up by any US channels (as a segment for one show I guess due to being 5 minutes).
  • Nellie the Elephant: I know about this not being aired in the US. Nellie the Elephant only airs in the UK.
As for my mind, Archibald the Koala and James the Cat does air in the US on Sprout (But only for short-lived runs of the two shows; possibly because of HiT Entertainment used to own James the Cat and does co-produced in french for Archibald the Koala with PBS, Sesame Workshop (Don't forget about being with Nickelodeon in 1999 until 2002 and 2007) and Comcast).

SpongieLoud

Twitter: @miidude777
Feb 27, 2017
Holy Cow! Here is I never saw for it:
  • Frootie Tooties: Well, because of this show, nevered aired in the US, one of the old programs on Nick Jr. UK channel.
  • Kit & Pup: While it was nevered aired in the US, I hope it will be picked up by either Universal Kids or PBS or Nick Jr. channel?
  • Lunar Jim: The show does air in the US, but only the spanish dub on V-me.
  • Mouk: How many times about this is not airing in the US?
  • Anatole: Well, the show isn't airing in the US.
  • Tigga and Togga: One of the canada shows ever not airing in the US, only airs in canada and UK.
  • Mr. Men (the original 1970's cartoon): While the 1980's Little Miss cartoon was in the US on home videos being dubbed in US, the old 1970's cartoon of the series doesn't air on US channels.
  • Button Moon: The show doesn't air in the US before like other shows only airing in UK and not picked up by any channels of the US.
  • Nontan (anime series): While the franchise wasn't shown outside of Japan and books are not translated and published in many languages, the anime series of this wasn't even dubbed in many languages, mostly nevered picked up in the US and dubbed in english.
  • Meeow!: The scottish show isn't even picked up in the US. Some MaisieMac books weren't published in the US and Canada (Even the scottish creator of the series' death in 2018).
  • Angelmouse: Why? Why? This shouldn't be picked up by any US channels (as a segment for one show I guess due to being 5 minutes).
  • Nellie the Elephant: I know about this not being aired in the US. Nellie the Elephant only airs in the UK.
As for my mind, Archibald the Koala and James the Cat does air in the US on Sprout (But only for short-lived runs of the two shows; possibly because of HiT Entertainment used to own James the Cat and does co-produced in french for Archibald the Koala with PBS, Sesame Workshop (Don't forget about being with Nickelodeon in 1999 until 2002 and 2007) and Comcast).
Mouk airs on an Xfinity exclusive channel called Kids Central.

Dylan James Yi

Apr 15, 2018
Elk Grove
So speaking of this, some Sooty shows does not air in the US, the franchise does this in the US on one episode of The Mickey Mouse Club, the skit is even cut off on Home Video releases of this. Cyborg kuro-chan haven't picked up by any US channels and even dubbed in US english. The anime series of Nontan never airs in the US and dubbed in english, the franchise isn't even shown outside of Japan and some books of the series are not translated and published in all languages, the anime series of it wasn't dubbed on all languages. I still wish that Kit & Pup would get picked up by Nick Jr. or PBS or Universal Kids...

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
I Thought i'd throw in Boris e Rufus, a Brazilian animated show that only airs in on the Brazilian Disney XD networks, pretty much limited to only Brazilian Portuguese language, since it does not air outside of that region.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Any news about the "Magia Record" anime?
Please stop blaming "Teen Titans Go!" for any cancelation of a Cartoon Network show.
Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC