Shows that need to be seen on CN

Nftnat

professor/historian/chronicler
Hear hear, Hatter. There should be room for the old & the new. There's a place already set up for the old stuff, if CN had the will to show it; it's called Late Night Black & White. But as of yet, no Bosko, on Buddy, no Iwerks, no nuttin' of what Nelson said. No one's fault but CN. @ the same time, there's a place for the toons others have mentined: Toonami. What CN could do is cut back on the late night Scoobies for an expanded LNB&W; push it back into the wee smalls to make sure no one is watching who shouldn't be. There could also be room for an extra dose of Toonami, somewhere. Rotation is the name of the game, on CN & KWB. Keep things fresh; don't let the stuff we love get stale. And know that it will return. We'll just have to make sure my dream comes true, that there would be a Warner toon channel (Toon TV), where there would be a better chance of seeing the old Warner toons. @ the same time, a Toonami channel could take some pressure off the other end (it's been so long since I've seen Transformers, Star Blazers, the original Voltron, etc.). And CN? It would show the best of all genres, maybe selecitons of what's available on other channels. As to toons owned by other companies, well, CN could also rotate those on their programming, unless an idea I posted on Termite Terrace a while back takes off & those other companies get together to make Cartoon Land. In the meantime, there is a place where these classic cartoons should be seen, where they were meant to be, where they originally were, as lead-ins to the movies that currently air on AMC, TCM, & FXM. If that would only occur to someone. And if someone had the guts to try it.

Originally posted by Nftnat
In the meantime, there is a place where these classic cartoons should be seen, where they were meant to be, where they originally were, as lead-ins to the movies that currently air on AMC, TCM, & FXM. If that would only occur to someone. And if someone had the guts to try it.

That is sick talk!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: When they precede movies, I don't know what to expect. If CN cancelled all their classic cartoons, I would throw a temper tantrum.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jack

Rabbit of Tomorrow!
I agree that there is room for new stuff, even if I don't like some of the new stuff. I doubt the creators of the old classics wouldn't have wanted the medium to die with them, it has to move on, like it did after all the old theatrical studios closed.

There's plenty of room for CN to have a HUGE selection of cartoons, and not all shows have to be daily. Cartoon Cartoons aren't the main airtime grabber on CN, Scooby is. Scooby is CN's Pokemon. He was on for, like, five hours straight yesterday! They should, at most, put the dog on for one hour a day, and don't dedicate so many Cartoonolios to him.

And I really hope Pokemon never makes it to CN, having it air constantly on KWB is enough.

Boomerang was made more for the Hanna Barbera cartoons, even thought it does show Looney Tunes (the old Looney Tunes still get big ratings). I don't have Boomerang, and I don't really think too highly of it. The whole idea, to me, seemed more like "lets toss this crap out of our channel and put it on another network!" CN still acts like it shows the H-B cartoons and they will use the old HB characters to put in silly commercials, but they won't show the cartoons.

Jack:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jowy Blight
Isn't that why Boomerang was made?

No, Boomerang was made mainly for originally-on-TV stuff, such as Hanna-Barbera. In case you don't know, CN is in many more houses than Boomerang. Many people with cable television, such as myself, don't even get Boomerang.

Nftnat

professor/historian/chronicler
Calm yourself; I in no way mean to say that there should be any lessening of the real classics (as oopposed to Boomerang classics). But I do think there should be showings on the classic movie channels. Look @ it this way; the toons would be more likely to be uncut. Dripalong Daffy originally aired as the lead-in to the movie Dial M For murder; you think the audience for that would be nonplussed @ a horse hockey line being left in? Here in Arkansas, the public tv station had something on Saturday nights, Good Times Picture Show. They'd show a classic movie; @ "intermission", the host would phone one of the stars of that movie & they'd talk. What I remember is that the old cartoon lead-ins were left in. That's how I was first introduced to Hollywood Steps Out. I really think there's a place for the toons on the classic movie channels, but IN ADDITION TO their current times on CN; you think I'd want to do what CN did & pull all Warner toons into one place which would be the only place they could be seen? Certainly not. I just don't see why there couldn't be opportunity to see these tons as they originally were.

B

bushnader666

CN needs another "Wartime Cartoons" special in place of a scooby doo (improper capitalization intended)

Some canadates:
"Plane Daffy"
"The Ducktators"
A better copy of "Scrap Happy Daffy"
A WWII Popeye or Superman

Also, start needlessly censoring scooby doo to make the shows run 50% shorter. There will be an extra spot for rotating Bob Clampett, Chuck Jones and Tex Avery shows. Director tribute shows for Friz Feleng and Bob McKimsom should join the rotation. (so nothing goes stale)

If Ted Turner was a true enviromentalist, he would never let captain planet from causing everyone to trash the earth and kill endangered species on purpose.

Coal Black and Tin Pan? (Hey! Anyone can dream...)

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Yes, there are LOTS of cartoons that need to be brought back to life, CN would be a prime candidate. I never much liked "Taz Mania" or "Road Rovers", but I did think "Sylvester and tweety Mysteries" was good enough to be on CN...it actually did air a couple of years ago on the European version of CN, I saw it myself while in Paris. Here's a list of stuff I think is worthy of being brought to or returned to CN:

______
The Pink Panther
Yogi Bear
Top Cat
Inspector Gadget
Tiny Toon Adventures
Pinky and the Brain
Walter Lantz cartoons
UPA cartoons
The Simpsons
the original "Alvin Show"
George Of the Jungle
Animaniacs
Speedy Gonzales
The Inspector
Garfield and Friends
Batman Beyond
Capitol Critters
Disney cartoons
Speed Racer
Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
Men In Black

-and many more. I don't hate "Scooby Doo", and I don't hate some of the new "Cartoon Cartoons", but CN needs to do some pruning to their lineup....like cut down on Scooby and Cartoon-Cartoon reruns. Scooby needs to go back to the way he was shown when I first got CN...a rotation of the many variations of his show in hour-long blocks, in primetime every night. Cartoon Cartoons should get the Friday night block, a primetime weeday rotation of one or two half-hours of different series per evening, and then a Saturday morning lineup after the 4-hour "Looney Tunes Show", if they have to. And instead of all those Saturday afternoon blocks of Scooby Doo and Cartoon Cartoons, why not return the variety "Super Chunks", and include some of the classics they have now relegated to the hard-to-see "Boomerang", and maybe sprinkle a few of the shows I listed above. I think the classics like Looney Tunes and the new stuff like Cartoon Cartoons should take precedence, (Looney Tunes, MGM and other classics mainly) but they need to include other stuff, too.
-Matthew

I agree that these should air on CN:
The Pink Panther
Yogi Bear
Top Cat
Tiny Toon Adventures
Pinky and the Brain
George of the Jungle
Speedy Gonzales
The Inspector
Garfield and Friends
Speed Racer (at 5PM on weekdays, the way I remember it many years ago)
Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries

I think these should not air on CN:
Inspector Gadget
Walter Lantz Cartoons
UPA cartoons
The Simpsons (one of most disgusting shows)
the original "Alvin Show"
Batman Beyond
Capitol Critters (never heard of it!)
d*sn*y cartoons
Men In Black

Are you aware that Animaniacs already airs on CN?

BourgeoisBuffoon

Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?
Hear, hear, Sven! Except for not wanting I. Gadget, I have to say I agree with you on all the choices that should go to C. Network! Stuff like Batman and MIB have a safe atatus on KidsWB....

Jack

Rabbit of Tomorrow!
Sveven, why don't you want Walter Lantz and UPA cartoons? The only explanation you've given is that worrying about MGM, WB, and Popeye cartoons is too much for you already and that you aren't used to them. You aren't obligated to collect from all classic studios, and you may find that you like the Fox and Crow, Magoo, Gerald, Andy Panda, Chilly, and Woody...

Jack:D

Vin

Hi!
Gargoyles

Unfornunately, Disney owns Gargoyles and airs it weeknights on Toon Disney. I doubt it will ever air on CN.

BourgeoisBuffoon

Hm, never noticed Sven said Simpsons was disgusting. Personally, I think the worst is Barney belching and some nudity showing off someone's butt, but otherwise it is not bad.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
Simpsons being disgusting

Actually, in the last season I've noted Homer's injured knee crusting over into a scab, Homer spongebathing a naked hobo, and Homer getting a meteorite up his bum...a lot of Homer-related vileness. I've heard talk of season 13 being a little cleaner, and I hope that's true...plus a return to the lovable oaf of the first five or six years.

I miss the old H-B characters like the Hillbilly Bears, Hokey Wolf, Dastardley and Muttley, Precious Pupp, and Secret Squirrel. I've heard tell they've moved to Boomerang--but hardly anyone even knows about that station. It doesn't even have a listing on YAHOO TV.... :( :mad:

BourgeoisBuffoon

Oh, yeah....forgot about the all that stuff of last season. Ugh, the hobo was the worst...still, I'd like to see the old Homer too, but having an eppy star someone else in the family would be excellent...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.
When you first learn that teenage characters are voiced by people over 30.
Kevin-Hart.jpg
Am I the only person here that is obsessed with concert setlists? For some reason, I just really enjoy keeping track of what bands and artists play live on a regular basis. My obsession did earn me a mod position on setlist.fm a long time ago, which I will always be proud of.

Featured Posts