Shows that didn't feel like they fit on CN

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Mar 22, 2018
Ratings
Orginal or imported, What shows that CN has aired or is airing do not feel like they belonged/aired on the network?

Personally, aside from all the live action stuff, I think that The Mr. Men Show didn't feel fit on CN. In fact, I was shocked to discover that it actually aired on the normal CN block rather than Tickle U. I always thought it aired on that block even though it ended in like 2006 and Mr. Men premiered in 2008.

Last edited:

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
555 9
United States
Rurouni Kenshin went from Toonami to SVES, and Sean Akins later admitted the show probably would have been better off on Adult Swim.

Sunday Pants is another one that seemed like it belonged on Adult Swim, with the adult-oriented sketch humor and mild profanity.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
819 10
Obvious answer would be all the live action shows, but there are other cartoons that didn't feel like CN shows to me. Total Drama is one of them. The show had a lot of adult jokes in it, especially the first season. Nudity, swearing, etc. It was like an adult swim show. I honestly think the show could have gotten a little more popular if it aired on adult swim. The first season was genius, and while the second and third season still had some adult jokes in it, the show started to become more kid friendly after the third season, which was one of the reasons the show started to lose some of its popularity.

Juniper Lee looked more like a Disney cartoon than a CN cartoon to me.

Spacething7474

Click the image to change your avatar.
May 21, 2017
Ratings
Minnesota. Just Minnesota.
Gumball, Camp Lazlo, and Mike, Lu, And Og look more like Nicktoons. Codename: Kids Next Door and Juniper Lee look like Disney cartoons. Every live-action show they aired seem more like a show you’d find on Disney XD. Space Ghost Coast To Coast just felt wrong on CN.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Ratings
1,032 5
Colorado
Agree on Mike Lu and Og , it would have fit well on Nickelodeon especially in the late 90's.
To me Camp Lazlo felt like a Nicktoon maybe because of the creator.
The two live action shows Tower Prep and Level Up , not just because they weren't cartoons but also because they feel like shows that Disney XD or Nickelodeon would have had.

Aug 2, 2009
Ratings
16 3
Scottsdale
* Baby Looney Tunes didn't need to air on CN since it's aimed at toddlers
* Johnny Test, Sidekick, Scaredy Squirrel and Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs feels like they belong Nickelodeon and Nicktoons
* CN Real and Flicks belong on The Hub or Universal Kids (in my perspective, anyways).

Mar 29, 2018
Ratings
Robotomy - It had a gritty artstyle, and the overall tone is something that should have been on Adult Swim.

Same thing with Problem Solverz, none of these shows aired outside of the US as far as i'm aware

Robotomy - It had a gritty artstyle, and the overall tone is something that should have been on Adult Swim.

Same thing with Problem Solverz, none of these shows aired outside of the US as far as i'm aware
Robotomy did air on TV2 (now TVNZ 2) in New Zealand. They mainly aired it overnight before the rights to air it expired.