Should there be more serious Mickey and Friends series?

Stumpos

At this point, the only Mickey and Friends series that isn't a preschool show that's still running at the moment is The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse on Disney Plus but even then, they're just seven minute shorts, not a proper half hour show.

It seems to crazy that years ago we were swimming in content with Mickey and Friends with DuckTales, Mickey Mouse 2013, Legend of the Three Caballeros, Kingdom Hearts III, and Mickey and the Roadster Racers yet now, most of them are either over or retooled.

There is one type of show that I'm curious about and would like the idea of and that is a serious story arc oriented series with the Mickey and Friends players. Now, so far we've gotten DuckTales 2017 and Legend of the Three Caballeros which have been well received as the first series to get these characters in such a type of show (granted DuckTales goes for a bit more on the dramatic character study edge while Legend of the Three Caballeros goes more for serialized but still) but they're more concentrated in the Ducks universe (though Goofy did appear in an episode of DuckTales).

Given how the potential such a show could have, would a story arc driven series similar to DuckTales and/or Legend of the Three Caballeros with the Mickey Mouse and Friends (consisting of the Sensational Six, Pete, Clarabelle, Scrooge, HDL, Horace, Chip and Dale, Professor von Drake, Max, and more) gang work?

What ideas would you all have in mind for such a show as the arcs and all that?

Heck, would you love characters from comics or exclusive to DuckTales and Goof Troop in there making appearences as well (given how they're no stranger to crossovers like DuckTales with Disney Afternoon and House of Mouse with the animated Disney movies)?

Which voice actors would you have in mind (I'll list my VA preference down below)?

Which characters would you focus on the most (would it be the adults or kids (like all the Disney TVA cartoons for Disney Channel are doing now))?

Main voice cast:

Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse (prefer him over Bret since he's better at being more than just a mascot sorry)
Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
Bill Farmer as Goofy (supporting voice of Pluto and Horace Horsecollar)
Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck (supporting voice of Chip)
Jim Cummings as Pete (main villain)

Supporting voice cast:

Corey Burton as Professor von Drake and Dale
David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck
Danny Pudi as Huey Duck (wouldn't hurt to use the individual nephew characterizations from DuckTales 2017 more often)
Ben Schwartz as Dewey Duck
Bobby Moynihan as Louie Duck
Jason Marsden as Max Goof
April Winchell as Clarabelle Cow and Peg (not gonna hurt for more of her, I liked her in Goof Troop)
Paget Brewster as Della Duck (please give me more Della outside DT 17 Disney!)
Rob Paulsen as PJ
Kate Micucci as Webby Vanderquack (albeit without that twist from DuckTales' series finale just to make it easier for new viewers plus Webby's original voice ain't an option anymore and Kate already does voice acting regularly anyway)

List your ideas on what y'all would do with the idea of a show like that in the comments.

Ed Nygma

I don't know why the slightly more serious Mickey Mouse portrayals of the 1990s (in other media like books and comics) has vanished in favor of the CGI preschool Mickey permanently. By "serious" I don't mean any more dramatic than the original Disney theatrical shorts, but there was a period when Disney was pushing Mickey as the detective/adventurer in a line of books and merchandise, where they even gave him a Dick Tracy trenchcoat. I recall the Gladstone comics, a children's series branded as "Perils of Mickey," and there were several books on tape that I think they called "Mickey Mysteries." There was one with a robbery on a train and a really eerie haunted house procedural mystery. Things like that. I'm sure some folks even miss his '80s flashdance look that was on practically all Disney merchandise at the time.

AdrenalineRush1996

To answer your question, absolutely. It would be a great opportunity to do a 22-minute show on the Mouse himself and heck his half-brother Oswald is getting his own show on Disney+.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

happy 20th anniversary to the ogre that is Shrek
Shrek came out on this day 20 years ago.
It appears showbuzzdaily ratings are having some issues.... Im hoping it will later then be restored for ratings.

I have a confession to make. I have never seen the original Teen Titans.
Who will end first the Simpsons or SpongeBob?

Featured Posts