Should Nickelodeon remove Nick Jr.?

Anthony Riley

Nick Jr. is already a channel. It takes up so much space on the network airing from 8:30-2:00. So, I came up with a new block for people who don't have TeenNick to watch NickSplat. It's called Early Bird. It airs from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM replacing Spongebob at 8:00 AM. Here's what it looks like:
Monday-Friday
8:00 El Tigre
8:30 Angry Beavers
9:00 Kablam!
9:30 Oh Yeah! Cartoons
10:00 Avatar
10:30 Rocko's Modern Life
11:00 Hey Arnold!
11:30 Chalkzone
12:00 My Life as a Teenage Robot
12:30 Rugrats
1:00 Catdog
1:30 Ren and Stimpy
Weekends
8:00 Doug
8:30 Danny Phantom
9:00 The X's
9:30 Wild Thornberries
10:00 Pelswick
10:30 As Told by Ginger
11:00 All Grown Up
11:30 Ahhh!!! Real Monsters
12:00 Jimmy Neutron
12:30 Rocket Power
1:00 Catscratch
1:30 Action League Now!

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I don't think it's going to ever happen, despite that it has its own channel, but much like Disney per se, they mostly keep it in regards of the ratings, and even if they did, the move would be considered counterproductive as parents may or may not have the channel to see it (due to having different cable/satellite providers that may or may not carry it locally as others), plus most would think that the main channel (like Nickelodeon) would be more local to them.

And also those old shows that you listed, some can be found on The Splat on Teennick, and others I don't think they would wanna put those show back on the schedule after they ended nearly almost a decade ago, all they going to do is fill with more reruns of Spongebob or The Loud House.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kanc

it looks like a fantasy schedule if you want to post that

jaylop97

Staff member
Sadly like most of these replace block threads I just want to be honest and say that even if they replaced the block the selection of shows will never be of great selections, at best 2 to 3 for most of the replacement of block, if not that just 2 cartoons will fill up the blocks time which seems counterproductive.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't think the preschool shows should be removed from the main channel. Nick Jr. isn't even available in as many homes as Nick.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
If they remove it they'll just add more SpongeBob and Loud House!

(although the removal of Nick Jr could also open the door for more variety...)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
As long as it brings in ratings and promotes Nick Jr. proper it's going nowhere. Classic shows instead would be bad move. There's The Splat for that.

rockorockorocko

No way. Aside from being solid for Nick in ratings - hello, PAW Patrol with a 2.5M last week, the No. 1 reason why Nick Jr. is viable is MERCHANDISE - toys, clothes, dolls, apps, etc.

That and the block itself is whats help fuel Nick wins in K2-5 and K2-11 over Disney for years. Those two demos Nick takes quite seriously for advertising.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Nick Jr. has been a staple of the network for a long time, they're not gonna get rid of it anytime soon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts