Should Nickelodeon make more animated Avatar the Last Airbender content?

The Overlord

Should Nickelodeon make more animated Avatar the Last Airbender content? Its been almost 15 years since Avatar came out and now Netflix is going to make a live-action TV. I know Legend of Korra did not work out perfectly, but one thing they could do is TV movies based on some of the comics.

The comics dealt with the fallout from the war:

There was also a comic that dealt with Zuko finding his father and Azula's fate.

These animated films could be put on Netflix or CBS All Access.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I hope so. I'd like to see the graphic novels becoming a series of TV films with being an improvement over the source material as I just felt Gene Yang was the wrong choice to helm the ATLA graphic novels and it shows in The Promise, The Search and Smoke and Shadow.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I think if Nick were to air anything Avatar related ever again, it would be more comedic like TTG. I can’t imagine them taking a more serialized action show seriously in an era of declining cable especially after Korra.

The Overlord

I think if Nick were to air anything Avatar related ever again, it would be more comedic like TTG. I can’t imagine them taking a more serialized action show seriously in an era of declining cable especially after Korra.

Except on streaming, where we have shows like She-Ra, Carmen Sandiego, and Dragon Prince, I could easily see a somewhat serious version of animated Avatar thrive on Netflix.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm not really sure to be honest. I love ATLA, but Korra overall was more of a mixed bag for me. I'd kind of like seeing them adapt the comic about Zuko finding his mother as a movie or mini-series, but I feel like it's pretty late to do something like that at this point. I wouldn't be against more stories set in this universe, but I'm not sure if I'd actively want it at this point. Although, it would probably be more interesting than most of the more recent Nicktoons I've watched.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'd rather they put their money and actual faith behind more shows similar in tone and style like A:TLA and less like Ollie's Pack (which looks and sadly sounds rather meh...), more than anything. Quit being cheap and make something more worthwhile. Or better yet, stop canceling stuff so quickly for not being SpongeDork DoofusPants (I ain't trying to be funny, either- I'd rather Welcome to the Wayne, Harvey Beaks, Glitch Techs, and some more shows similar in tone like that of A:TLA / Harvey Beaks that actually respect their audiences still be around to prop this channel up proper - It's Pony (another show I like, albeit not the same tone as I'm baying for here.) can't do much by itself, sadly.).

colomb

I've seen other people suggest this as well; An anthology series where different episodes/arcs focus on different avatars. It would be interesting to explore all the different eras, maybe experiment with different art styles like they did with Wan.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts