Should Nickelodeon make more animated Avatar the Last Airbender content?

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Should Nickelodeon make more animated Avatar the Last Airbender content? Its been almost 15 years since Avatar came out and now Netflix is going to make a live-action TV. I know Legend of Korra did not work out perfectly, but one thing they could do is TV movies based on some of the comics.

The comics dealt with the fallout from the war:

There was also a comic that dealt with Zuko finding his father and Azula's fate.

These animated films could be put on Netflix or CBS All Access.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I hope so. I'd like to see the graphic novels becoming a series of TV films with being an improvement over the source material as I just felt Gene Yang was the wrong choice to helm the ATLA graphic novels and it shows in The Promise, The Search and Smoke and Shadow.

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
I think if Nick were to air anything Avatar related ever again, it would be more comedic like TTG. I can’t imagine them taking a more serialized action show seriously in an era of declining cable especially after Korra.

Reactions: Zanneck

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I think if Nick were to air anything Avatar related ever again, it would be more comedic like TTG. I can’t imagine them taking a more serialized action show seriously in an era of declining cable especially after Korra.
Except on streaming, where we have shows like She-Ra, Carmen Sandiego, and Dragon Prince, I could easily see a somewhat serious version of animated Avatar thrive on Netflix.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'm not really sure to be honest. I love ATLA, but Korra overall was more of a mixed bag for me. I'd kind of like seeing them adapt the comic about Zuko finding his mother as a movie or mini-series, but I feel like it's pretty late to do something like that at this point. I wouldn't be against more stories set in this universe, but I'm not sure if I'd actively want it at this point. Although, it would probably be more interesting than most of the more recent Nicktoons I've watched.

Reactions: Zanneck

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
I'd rather they put their money and actual faith behind more shows similar in tone and style like A:TLA and less like Ollie's Pack (which looks and sadly sounds rather meh...), more than anything. Quit being cheap and make something more worthwhile. Or better yet, stop canceling stuff so quickly for not being SpongeDork DoofusPants (I ain't trying to be funny, either- I'd rather Welcome to the Wayne, Harvey Beaks, Glitch Techs, and some more shows similar in tone like that of A:TLA / Harvey Beaks that actually respect their audiences still be around to prop this channel up proper - It's Pony (another show I like, albeit not the same tone as I'm baying for here.) can't do much by itself, sadly.).

colomb

Jan 7, 2019
Canada
I've seen other people suggest this as well; An anthology series where different episodes/arcs focus on different avatars. It would be interesting to explore all the different eras, maybe experiment with different art styles like they did with Wan.

Reactions: AdrenalineRush1996

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

You ever wanted to see a short film made by Big Bird and Murray Monster involving a murder? Well, here it is.

Dark humor aside, it's a darkly entertaining short film from 2003.
Hope everyone is staying safe during this tropical storm. Had a lot of rain here in Southwest Florida.
IMO C.H. Greenblatt wrote and storyboarded some of the best episodes of Spongebob and Billy and Mandy.
Sesame Street: Creating a world that is smarter, stronger, and kinder.

I'm starting a special competition on my deviantart. More information can be found here.