Should Nickelodeon do commercial-free premieres?

Latest News & Videos

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
With Disney Channel these days making their Friday and Sunday night premiere blocks free of commercials, should Nickelodeon do the same, especially with their Saturday morning and Saturday night premiere blocks?

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
London, UK
No, to be honest. Nick is a commercial channel that relies heavily on advertising, and the premieres are when Nick gets the highest ratings. Maybe have the series premiere ad-free, but not the premieres of every episode.

Reactions: Spacething7474

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Disney Channel doesn't show "commercials" to start with, they're just experimenting with their scheduled times
While Nickelodeon heavily depends on advertising

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
Aug 12, 2019
Florida
I would be opposed to a commercial-free premiere. Instead, I would advocate for only one commercial break per half-hour, right around the middle of the show. Nickelodeon would still receive some funding from their advertisers rather than none at all.

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
I would be opposed to a commercial-free premiere. Instead, I would advocate for only one commercial break per half-hour, right around the middle of the show. Nickelodeon would still receive some funding from their advertisers rather than none at all.
Yeah, 2 internal advert breaks every half hour as on Nickelodeon is too much, even if the one is after the theme song.
I also hate the "flow" typical of so many US channels: no ad break or anything between the programmes

Cartoon Network is much more sensible, with 1 internal ad break each 30 minutes at half the programme, and a normal break between the 30 minutes shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

No April Fools joke, but it is snowing in my city.
Isn't it annoying when you have to study amidst all that tomfoolery?
My sincerest early happy "Lock-a-Thread Day" to all the moderators. April 2nd comes but once a year. Enjoy it while you'll be able to!
20 years today, SpongeBob episodes: "Fools in April" & "Neptune's Spatula" premiered
SERIOUS: Google is not doing pranks this year. This is the third time they abstain from doing that. This time it's because of the coronavirus, but in 2001 and 2003, we don't know.