• Disney

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Universal Kids

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

sasq

Oct 5, 2015
Italy
Given the constant delays and the disastrous Netflix release failure. should Viacom consider transferring the trademark and master tapes of Pinky Malinky to another company?

I know selling a Nicktoon sounds weird, but this series could have an advantage that others don't have: a search on the copyright catalog of the U.S. does not yeld any results despite even the unreleased episodes of Welcome to the Wayne being copyrighted, meaning that the show could possibly be uncopyrighted.

This is all speculation since we don't have any official source about Pinky Malinky's copyright status, but if the show is indeed uncopyrighted, do you think the weiner could have another chance on a different network?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Well, they did sell Doug to Disney, but I don't see who would want to buy Pinky Malinky. I heard that it is terrible.
We don't know yet if Pinky will be terrible, since we haven't seen the episodes of the full series yet.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Well, they did sell Doug to Disney, but I don't see who would want to buy Pinky Malinky. I heard that it is terrible.
Actually Jim Jenkins owned the rights to Doug and he was allowed to sell it to another studio since Nick only produced 52 of the promised 65 episodes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

IMO C.H. Greenblatt wrote and storyboarded some of the best episodes of Spongebob and Billy and Mandy.
Sesame Street: Creating a world that is smarter, stronger, and kinder.

I'm starting a special competition on my deviantart. More information can be found here.

Today is 11 years of Bret Iwan voicing Mickey.
It’s September 2020 and HBO Max still needs a lot of fixing. What would you do to fix it?