Should Marvel make more DTV animated movies?

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Should Marvel make more DTV animated movies? From 2006 to 2011 Marvel made several animated DTVs, but slowed down after 2011. Since 2011, Marvel has made a couple of anime films, 2 terrible CGI Iron Man films, a kids movie Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight! and one decent Hulk animated movie, Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell.

I liked some of the animated movies from 2006 to 2011. If Marvel made more animated DTV movies, some could be for kids, but some could be PG-13 like in the past, maybe release animated movies for kids under the Marvel brand and animation for older audiences under the Marvel Knights brand. I think movies based on some iconic comic book stories like Future Imperfect could be good, but completely original stories are fine with me as well.

If Marvel made more animated DTV movies in the future, what would you want to see from them?

Reactions: bigdaddy313

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see an DTV animated adaptation of Age of Apocalypse. We were close to getting one as the second season of Wolverine and the X-Men before it was nixed.
That's a good idea, but I think given how long Age of Apocalypse is, they would have to cut a lot out or stretch it out to a couple of movies. I think regardless the story would have to streamlined a bit to make it more appealing to a general audience.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
That's a good idea, but I think given how long Age of Apocalypse is, they would have to cut a lot out or stretch it out to a couple of movies. I think regardless the story would have to streamlined a bit to make it more appealing to a general audience.
The DC Animated Features have done two-parters before. If you condensed things you could maybe fit the AoA into two animated films.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I wished they didn't stop. I always felt as though they cracked the code when they got to Planet Hulk and Hulk Vs, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and then unnecessarily killed all of the momentum.

Instead of half-assing those Heroes United movies that felt like they ran on a mobile game engine, what if they had produced a movie or two set in the EMH world or adapted another fan favorite comic story? Most of the work of getting fans interested would have already been done. I wish the higher ups weren't just satisfied with getting the most generic, lackluster product out there.

Anyways, I'm always down for any earnest attempt that shows some effort going into it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk