Should Hawkman Guest Star On "Justice League?"

Should Hawkman Guest Star On Justice League?

• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
I know he shouldn't be on it full time...especially since everyone thinks he'll make Hawkgirl look like a minor character, but for just one episode do you think he should? I do. He can just be on one two parter and then be gone...what do you think...it will only add to Hawkgirl's character...let us get to know her a little better and so forth...it won't ruin her...not if he's only on one episode.

Reed Richards

Mr. Fantastic
My gut tells me "no"

as a longtime Hawkman fan, it would probably leave me either wanting more or with a bad taste in my mouth. However, in lets say, the third season, I think it would be cool to see him in a flashback sequence perhaps. I just feel that if he is introduced too early, he might overwhelm Hawkgirl's still developing character.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
I'm still a big proponent of the "ol' widder Hawkgirl" theory. Maybe a flashback sequence as to how he was killed, which would give us some character motivation for her. Although I'd imagine there'd be outrage from the Hawkman fans that he's dead--unless, like with Captain America in X-Men Evolution, he's being kept alive in cryogenic stasis until they find a cure for seventeen stab wounds in the back.... ;)

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I think Hawkman definately should appear in an arc, if only to explain the wierdness that is Hawkgirl. Are the wings real? Apparently! I need some info on "Thanagar" before I can really care about the character...or respect her as a member of the League.

Basically, I'm very disappointed that the members' real origins and secret identities have been so ignored and pushed aside. I don't need action as much as I need characterization. If I want to see two aliens pounding the crud out of one another, I'll watch WWF. The Justice League are still a mystery to me, and invovling Hawkman would indeed force the writers to address the issues they've been so eagerly avoiding...

MILatino

=/\=
Originally posted by JusticeLeagueLegion
I know he shouldn't be on it full time...especially since everyone thinks he'll make Hawkgirl look like a minor character, but for just one episode do you think he should?

If Hawkman shows up, it'll be because he's "stuck" on earth, too. If that's the case, being that he's Hawkgirl's husband, then there's no reason why he would be gone. They would be together as husband and wife. He would have to be a full-time member just to be around her.

If Hawkman is to be seen, it should be done in flashbacks, for example, if Hawkgirl gets homesick and tells everyone about her former life.

Batman347

Da na na na na na Batman!
I think he should. It would be something new but they would have to find a good story line to put him in or a lot of people wouldn't like it.

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
Re: Re: Should Hawkman Guest Star On "Justice League?"

Originally posted by MILatino

If Hawkman shows up, it'll be because he's "stuck" on earth, too. If that's the case, being that he's Hawkgirl's husband, then there's no reason why he would be gone. They would be together as husband and wife. He would have to be a full-time member just to be around her.

If Hawkman is to be seen, it should be done in flashbacks, for example, if Hawkgirl gets homesick and tells everyone about her former life.

I was thinking that they shouldn't be married...I like the idea of him being her ex-husband more. And he just comes to earth because the Thanagarians are after him and he gets his ex-wife's help...then leaves...she doesn't want him to be around, the end. Besides, how do you know she's "stuck" on earth? I thought she just stayed on earth because she didn't want to go back to Thanagar.

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
Basically, I'm very disappointed that the members' real origins and secret identities have been so ignored and pushed aside. I don't need action as much as I need characterization. If I want to see two aliens pounding the crud out of one another, I'll watch WWF. The Justice League are still a mystery to me,

Although I don't want to see Hawkman, I agree with what DisneyBoy said about the charactarization of the members of the JL. We need more of it. It was Lois and Clark, Bruce Wayne and family, and the Bruce / Terry relationship that attracted me to thier respective animated shows. The action was nice, but the plot and charactarization played a big part in my enjoyment of them. Also, I prefer much of the action of the previous shows to the action in JL. My favorite JL episodes are "the brave and the bold" and "ledgends", largely due to the 'other stuff' thrown in there besides the action scenes that seem to be the focus of the show.

CarterHall

Veteran JSAer
Hawkman--yes for a story arc

This would be a classic Mystery In Space style episode. The JL could meet Adam Strange and maybe Hawkgirl and a couple other members get temporarily transported to Thanagar to help out in a big storyline. they would get to meet HG's partner, Hawkman...when all is said and done, they would return to earth because the Zeta beam is only temporary. Piece of cake.

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
Re: Hawkman--yes for a story arc

Originally posted by CarterHall
This would be a classic Mystery In Space style episode. The JL could meet Adam Strange and maybe Hawkgirl and a couple other members get temporarily transported to Thanagar to help out in a big storyline. they would get to meet HG's partner, Hawkman...when all is said and done, they would return to earth because the Zeta beam is only temporary. Piece of cake.

Good idea!

Caped Crusader

Batman--The Dark Knight
Originally posted by JusticeLeagueLegion

I was thinking that they shouldn't be married...I like the idea of him being her ex-husband more. And he just comes to earth because the Thanagarians are after him and he gets his ex-wife's help...then leaves...she doesn't want him to be around, the end. Besides, how do you know she's "stuck" on earth? I thought she just stayed on earth because she didn't want to go back to Thanagar.

I don’t like the idea of them being divorced. Since Thanagar is such a war-like world, I thought he might be dead.

And according to this, it does look like Hawkgirl wants to return Thanagar someday, but for now, she’s stuck on earth.

Silver_Angel

Gaurdian of the Light
I hate to burst your bubble, disneyboy, but those wings that the Hawks are so famous for are NOT real. As the officials at JL so nicely mentioned in the link above, and as Hawkman himself said in either the most recent or the issue before of the new Hawkman comic, they are a tool. Not real, a tool.

slackermonkey

Save The Day
Originally posted by Silver_Angel
I hate to burst your bubble, disneyboy, but those wings that the Hawks are so famous for are NOT real. As the officials at JL so nicely mentioned in the link above, and as Hawkman himself said in either the most recent or the issue before of the new Hawkman comic, they are a tool. Not real, a tool.

Yes, that's true... in the comics. The animated continuity is different. It hasn't been stated whether or not they're real, on the show or by anyone from the production crew.

From what evidence we've seen on the show (i.e. "In Blackest Night" Pt. 1 and "War World" Pt. 2) it's suggested that they're real. Plus, they clearly come out of her bare back; they're not obviously attached to her costume like in the comics.

Silver_Angel

Gaurdian of the Light
did you even look?

this is taken from the link I mentioned. did you even read it, or just decide that I was wrong?

Based on the secret identity given by Cartoon Network’s press materials, this is obviously the Silver Age version of Hawkgirl. This could shed some light on this character’s background: the artificial wings and anti-gravity belt, the base of operations in Midway City , the friendship with police commissioner George Emmett, and the position as co-director of the Midway City Museum could all be used here. I do hope, however, that the creative team doesn’t include the absorbascon—the device that Hawkgirl used to conveniently absorb all of Earth’s knowledge and also gave her the ability to talk to birds.

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
The sentence is commentary. Not a quote from a producer of the show. "Shed some light on" refers to "the artificial wings"...this translates to "Because this is the Silver Age Hawkgirl a bunch of things, like the artificial wings, could be used on the show". Its not a direct statement from anyone proving one way or the other that the wings are real or not.

slackermonkey

Save The Day
Just what I was about to say, thanks.

By the way, just wanted to apologize, Silver_Angel, if I offended you somehow.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Howdy,

As I've mentioned on another thread, any non-flashback episode featuring Hawkman would probably have to end in one of the following ways:

1. Hawkman & Hawkgirl go back to Thanagar and someone else replaces Hawkgirl in JL.

2. Hawkman gets a reason to stay on Earth, but not enough of one to join the JL himself.

3. Hawkman returns to Thanagar, but Hawkgirl gets enough of a reason not to return with him.

4. Hawkman or Hawkgirl (or both) die.

I'm not sure the writers of JL are quite ready to handle any of these alternatives or their consequences. Personally, I prefer the third option, and have vague story concepts on how and why which may get scribbled down and posted here eventually. I think there are plenty of ways to introduce Hawkman to the show without diluting or overshadowing Hawkgirl.

Trying to draw conclusions in the Animated Age Hawkgirl from the comics is, IMO, a losing game. The costume is taken from the Silver Age, but her personality is far closer to the Modern Era Tim Truman/John Ostrander Hawkwoman from the 90's. In THOSE comics, Hawkman and Hawkwoman were merely partners, and often had a rather antagonistic relationship to each other.

Because of the hideous continuity mess that is the Hawks, you can find evidence for any given theory posted so far at one time or another in the Hawks' history. The only exception is the "organic wings" theory (which were organic only once for a brief period in Hawkman's comic history), but the show has provided a non-trivial amount of evidence that they are.

-- Ed/Ace

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
Originally posted by Ace the Bathound
Howdy,

As I've mentioned on another thread, any non-flashback episode featuring Hawkman would probably have to end in one of the following ways:

1. Hawkman & Hawkgirl go back to Thanagar and someone else replaces Hawkgirl in JL.

2. Hawkman gets a reason to stay on Earth, but not enough of one to join the JL himself.

3. Hawkman returns to Thanagar, but Hawkgirl gets enough of a reason not to return with him.

4. Hawkman or Hawkgirl (or both) die.

I'm not sure the writers of JL are quite ready to handle any of these alternatives or their consequences. Personally, I prefer the third option, and have vague story concepts on how and why which may get scribbled down and posted here eventually. I think there are plenty of ways to introduce Hawkman to the show without diluting or overshadowing Hawkgirl.

Trying to draw conclusions in the Animated Age Hawkgirl from the comics is, IMO, a losing game. The costume is taken from the Silver Age, but her personality is far closer to the Modern Era Tim Truman/John Ostrander Hawkwoman from the 90's. In THOSE comics, Hawkman and Hawkwoman were merely partners, and often had a rather antagonistic relationship to each other.

Because of the hideous continuity mess that is the Hawks, you can find evidence for any given theory posted so far at one time or another in the Hawks' history. The only exception is the "organic wings" theory (which were organic only once for a brief period in Hawkman's comic history), but the show has provided a non-trivial amount of evidence that they are.

-- Ed/Ace

Well said, Ace.

Frank White

R.I.P Notorious BIG
Originally posted by DR. BELCH
unless, like with Captain America in X-Men Evolution, he's being kept alive in cryogenic stasis until they find a cure for seventeen stab wounds in the back.... ;)

What'd they do to Cap in X-Men Evolution!!!?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts