Should DreamWorks come back to nick?

ToonJay723

Staff member
No. They haven't aired all the episodes of their shows that they made three years ago, so why so they waste money making shows that Nick isn't going to air?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think that this thread would be more appropriate for the Nicktoon section, so I'll move it there.

As for the question itself, I don't think that Dreamworks should come back to Nickelodeon. There are still plenty of episodes that never aired on Nickelodeon, despite starting years ago, the shows have gone on long hiatuses and then brought back with little to no promotion. There's really no benefit from Dreamworks to make shows for Nick when the chances are good that they aren't going to be aired. Netflix is a better option for them by comparison.

kanc

No way, I agree with @Light Lucario and @LegoFan224 with this. PoM, Kung Fu Panda still has several episodes left, and Kung Fu Panda reruns are no longer airing on Nicktoons. But PoM is, only reruns showing weekends on Nicktoons. Current Dreamworks animation series are in netflix now. I somehow doubt if the remaining episodes of Kung Fu Panda and Penguins of Madagascar would be on netflix.

ShadowBeast

No way, I agree with @Light Lucario and @LegoFan224 with this. PoM, Kung Fu Panda still has several episodes left, and Kung Fu Panda reruns are no longer airing on Nicktoons. But PoM is, only reruns showing weekends on Nicktoons. Current Dreamworks animation series are in netflix now. I somehow doubt if the remaining episodes of Kung Fu Panda and Penguins of Madagascar would be on netflix.
That would explain why Dreamworks Dragons went to Cartoonnetwork instead of Nick.

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
Probably not. From what I've heard, the last Nick-Dreamworks show (Monsters Vs Aliens) was a ratings flop, and Nick has a tendency to never show all of the episodes anyway. (I'm surprised they didn't at least release the final Penguins episodes when their movie came out instead of just continuing to sit on them.)

Besides, most of their new/current shows are on Netflix anyway. We can always watch them there.

(Also, OP, please provide a reason for why you think they should instead of just saying "Yes they should" and nothing else.)

ShadowBeast

(I'm surprised they didn't at least release the final Penguins episodes when their movie came out instead of just continuing to sit on them.)
It's no wonder why Nickelodeon is less popular than the other cartoon channels if they can't take advantage of a movie's popularity.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Nah. The Netflix deal from what I can gather is doing well for DW, and like everyone else said, Nick's awful treatment of their shows.

ZeroKelvin

The Last Samurai
If anything, I prefer DreamWorks' Netflix shows more than I do their Nickelodeon ones. PoM was OK but the later episodes got seriously wack (plus a bunch of recurring characters that were all over the place), Kung Fu Panda: LoA I thought got better in it's 3rd season and a lot of interesting episodes Nick refuses to air for no reason at all. MvA was meh, maybe the worst of them all. It was a boring mess with plots that felt like rejects from Teen Titans Go! And I can't believe I'm comparing that mess to this one.

Dudley

Staff member
The Dreamworks cartoons that aired on Nick technically aren't even Dreamworks cartoons, as Nick was doing most of the production work. I think DWA is better off on Netflix. DWA shows on Netflix has more creative control, and a better budget.

SweetShop209

I think Netflix would be the way to go. Nickelodeon has questionable scheduling tactics, but their treatment of third party shows is really bad, and it's not just Dreamworks shows.

kanc

Kung Fu Panda (2008) movie will be airing on Nickelodeon network for the first time starting Thurs Oct 22 8PM-10PM! What do you guys think about this?

Dudley

Staff member
What's there to think? I've seen it air on ABC Family, FX, and Cartoon Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaneMan

Yeah, DreamWorks is better off on Netflix at the moment

What is with Nick's stubborn refusal to air all the episodes of shows they own anyway?
I mean, there are still unpaired episodes from shows back in the 90s
What's wrong with Nick?

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Kung Fu Panda (2008) movie will be airing on Nickelodeon network for the first time starting Thurs Oct 22 8PM-10PM! What do you guys think about this?

There's nothing to think about it, really. Kung-Fu Panda has already aired on Cartoon Network and on ABC Family, so why not Nickelodeon? It doesn't mean much to me where the movie airs since I own it on DVD.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts