Should anime voice actors do more western cartoons?

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Actually, SAG pretty much covers the entire United States, so talent pools in LA, Dallas, and New York are all under the same union. The union/non-union thing is a major misconception.

I never said SAG was limited to just Los Angeles ... I used that as an example because there's a tonne of pre-lay recorded there, as well as a healthy amount of anime dubs. Yet you don't really see much crossover in casts because of what's done with SAG vs. what's not.

Funimation and Sentai's locally produced dubs are not unionized. They're based in Texas specifically because of lax labour laws. Reportedly, Funimation pays starting actors as low as $30/hour, which is below half of SAG's dubbing rate.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts