"Shazam!" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
think the writing on the wall is whoever the Rock wants to direct it, will direct it. :p
Well, he does seem to be spearheading this project quite a bit :sweat:.

Though the more I hear about this movie, the more I keep expecting it to be renamed "Black Adam" :rolleyes2:.

Magmaster12

That's me
Staff member
Reporter
At this point, it seems like WB puts stuff into production and if creative differences arise they just move onto the next movie.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess the villain is likely to become Dr. Sivana with his son and daughter. If it's good and there's a sequel, maybe it could use the Monster Society of Evil.
I hope it's just Sivana given Adam is getting his own movie so he won't need to hog that much screentime in Billy's movie :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
A horror director wouldn't be my first choice to helm a Shazam movie, but I've been surprised before ;).

the greenman

2/17: Well, he's a hot young director, WB doesn't care.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

4/12:Johnson continues to be the prime salesman for Black Adam/SHAZAM:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comicbookmovie.com/amp/shazam/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-teases-black-adam-and-eventual-crossover-with-shazam-a150280
"[What] we decided to do was to create a scenario where Black Adam has his stand-alone movie, and Captain Marvel, Shazam, has his stand-alone movie. We're building our world that way, and then we can come together at some point,"

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I like Armie, so I think it's an interesting choice, but the guy has had the worst box office luck.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

I like Armie, so I think it's an interesting choice, but the guy has had the worst box office luck.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk
Armie Hammer was cast as Batman in George Miller's Justice League: Mortal, so this does not sound like the worst idea ever. Hammer could work as Captain Mar...uh...Shazam.

the greenman

Yeah, he seems to have been on DC's spotlight for awhile. So, I have no real prob with him.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, given how involved Johnson is in production and as a creative force, this probably has a good chance to actually happen :rolleyes2:.
That's a good point. I figured another wrestler who would have that physique. But on second thought, that sort of thing doesn't matter much now in casting.