"Shazam!" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road to Gotham

Sep 5, 2003
The reshoots were originally to end on November 18th, have now been extended to
December 22nd.
Not sure what make of that. Maybe they are redoing all the scenes that have Batman and Superman merchandise. Because Henry and Ben have been booted from DC movies.
Or certain cast members are not available at this time. The latter is probably the answer.

Shazam! Reshoots Reportedly Extended To Late December

Reactions: 1 person

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I think there was a Daily Planet newspaper shot in the trailer. Maybe they want to excise that. The rumors say DC wants Aquaman, and this to be similar to WW where it can feel like a stand alone film.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'd guess it's the usual, they did a test audience got feedback, realized the change they want to do requires refilming a scene/filming a new scene so the reshoot schedule got extended.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
November 12th:
Sandberg commented on the re-shoots mentioning they're not changing the tone or removing any DC references from the movie.

November 21st:
New synopsis for the movie.
“We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Asher Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Zachary Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard (Djimon Hounsou). Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Mark Strong).”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.