Shaggy And Scooby Doo Get A Clue Podcast Interview With Ray DeLaurentis

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I found this interview that Ray DeLaurentis, the showrunner for Shaggy And Scooby Doo Get A Clue, took part in. Here are some things he said that I think stand out:

At 0:55, he mentions the premise was brought to him.

At 1:23, he mentions that Betsy McGowen was the one who encouraged him to take on this out of the box premise.

At 2:13, he mentions that Shaggy and Scooby being the primary focus was because his kids loved them more than Fred , Daphne, and Velma. At 6:40, he emphasizes the buddy dynamic he wanted to use.

At 3:55, he mentions that he and Matt Danner did many of the primary character designs, but they were then shortly overhauled by Eric Radomski , who worked on Batman The Animated Series and Xiaolin Showdown.

At 9:15, he mentions that this is primarily influenced by what it means to be a kid.

At 14:32, he mentions that the inspiration for Dr. Phibes is much like with classic WB villains , where they're dangerous, but also have comedic edge and can just as easily hurt themselves. Jeff Bennett definitely embraced that.

At about 16:30, he mentions he likes Will Schifrin's work, hence heavily collaborating with him.

With the heavy use of Dr. Phibes at 20:00, he mentions that test audiences of kids loved him.

At 20:40 , he mentions that the reason why Casey Kasem didn't voice Shaggy, but instead Uncle Albert, was simply because of if he possibly couldn't be in the studio all the time, hence Scott Menville being cast. Not too long after the show premiered, he was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease, which is very severe, and he passed away June 15, 2014.

At 24:40, he mentions writing a joke pitch about a really weird parody of Scooby Doo before they decided to use that idea for Coconut Fred, an idea where he had only 2 days to develop the pitch.

At 29:40, he mentioned that they never really thought too much on the idea of season 3 . This is also partly of because of the behind the scenes issues at Warner Brothers , what with Sander Schwartz leaving and Sam Register taking his place.

At 32:45, he mentions that while he can respect people that don't like the show, he mentions that since kids liked it, that was satisfying enough.

The rest of the interview is about some projects he's currently doing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Any news about the "Magia Record" anime?
Please stop blaming "Teen Titans Go!" for any cancelation of a Cartoon Network show.
Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC