Shadow the Hedgehog - Teen Rating...

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
I don't think anyone would be surprised by that. He was touting a gun in the very first screenshots of the game.

What game with that kind of a gun (as in not a futuristic gun, but a real mean looking one like Shadow was wielding) has ever gotten an "E" rating?

-BB

sdp

miscrave
I expected it too, i mean if Jak II and RandC get it why would "shadow" not get it, I also expect newer sonic games to probably get E10+,

i love seeing so many Sonic topics but i think this one could have been together with the other shadow topic..

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
In other news, since Sega of America didn't want to have their old Sonic titles revolve around an older target auidence, they took out the Streets of Rage collection in Sonic Gems.:shrug:

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Nin-Nin69 said:
In other news, since Sega of America didn't want to have their old Sonic titles revolve around an older target auidence, they took out the Streets of Rage collection in Sonic Gems.:shrug:
I like to see what is their excuse now that Shadow has T rating.

sdp

miscrave
After Hot Coffee i don't see ESRB giving a game with a gun as cartoony as it may be a E10+ rating,

i really don't see how a game like Shadow can get a T rating, i mean think about it is it something only kids 13 and older can handle? those kids will probably think its boring(casual gamers) :/

shows how stupid the ESRB really is,

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
Swonker said:
The ESRB website says Shadow is rated T? Odd, Sega's website says it's rated E10+.

See for yourself
They also said that SA2 was rated M when they first set up the page (I was expecting a T, myself, but an M?!).

Let's see, Shadow could get a T but Gems couldn't? Um, k.

Punisher

One Shot At Glory
Yeah, I would really like to hear Sega explain Sonic Gems Collection now. Though Shadow the Hedgehog is looking better day by day.

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Punisher said:
Yeah, I would really like to hear Sega explain Sonic Gems Collection now. Though Shadow the Hedgehog is looking better day by day.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months Sega decides to bring Gems Collection to PS2 and put the Streets of Rage games in there.

Yash

Steve Janes said:
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months Sega decides to bring Gems Collection to PS2 and put the Streets of Rage games in there.
Problem: there's already a PS2 Gems in Japan. GCN version has the exact same content.

They didn't release it here because apparently, Mega Plus didn't sell too hot.

Noukon

Deep Blue
Yashouzoid said:
They didn't release it here because apparently, Mega Plus didn't sell too hot.
Yeah, the GC version of Mega Collection has sold something like five times as many copies as the PS2 and Xbox versions combined.

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Noukon said:
Yeah, the GC version of Mega Collection has sold something like five times as many copies as the PS2 and Xbox versions combined.
If Sonic games sell more on Gamecube, I still question why they bother with other console versions? Oh well..

Yash

Steve Janes said:
If Sonic games sell more on Gamecube, I still question why they bother with other console versions? Oh well..
They probably thought they could emulate (lol pun) the success on other consoles.

Of course...

Anyway, I'm hoping that when they inevitably make another compilation for the next-gen, that they start putting in decent extras or forcing you to unlock the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on games. As it stands, I have all the Sonic sidescrollers that I really want on the GCN, and no matter how many games they're able to cram onto a disc, I'm not buying another Sonic collection from them.

Noukon

Deep Blue
Steve Janes said:
Sonic Heroes did pretty well on all three platforms. I think that's why they decided to port Mega Collection over in the first place. Honestly, MC's failure may be because it was available on GC long before the other platforms (the same thing happened to Super Monkey Ball; massively popular on GC, flop on PS2 and Xbox). If Shadow and Sonic Riders are simultaneous releases like Heroes was, they maximize sales across all three platforms.

SuperLuigiBros

Gamer's Attic Writer
Actually, I was just wondering about 10 seconds before I saw your post "Is Shadow the Hedgehog rated yet?" As for my reactions? Not one single bit surprised. I 99% expected it to be Teen rated, and the other slim 1% was leaning towards E10+.

EDIT: You also said that Sonic Adventure 2 originally had an M rating on the website. What were the descriptors next to it? (especially since the game ended being E, although it should've been T)

MJC

While I expected it to be to be Teen, this part surprises me.

Shadow The Hedgehog
Sega
GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Teen (13+)
Cartoon Violence, Language
I guess Shadow is going to be using some colorful language...?

LMAO

SuperLuigiBros

Gamer's Attic Writer
MJC said:

LMAO
Actually, it doesn't quite surprise me that much. I do remember Mild Language/Lyrics being descriptors on some of the more recent Sonic games.

Demonic Raven

"**** **** *** **** *******!!!!!!!!"

MJC said:

LMAO
Shadow seems susceptable to a "damn/damnit", "hell", or even a "bastard"....especially with the dark feel of the game that they are going for.

Just don't expect Shadow to go on an all out, raging, asterisk blocking cursing spree.

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Heh heh, I wonder what 4Kids would think of that, not like they can stop Sega from doing their own game. I honestly wish Sega wouldn't try soooo hard to make Shadow such a "bad ass." Personally, I already thought he was one before he started to carry a gun and drive motorcycles.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

On 1 August 2021 start the MTV 00's and my HUNMedia Networks in hungary(the HUNMedia Networks just in Hungary)!
I wish a happy 83rd birthday to Michael Bell.

Both are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker and pick Tamaranean Dance Club to move to the next round. The next matchup is A Gift For Dad. It's between "Present Tense" from The Loud House and "The Other Side: The Tournament" from Craig Of The Creek.
I have a question about ratings. Those ratings for a shows that we see, do they show just how much viewers watched the whole episode of the show or they include also people that randomly tuned in for few minutes before they turned off TV/changed the channel?
what went horribly, HORRIBLY wrong with HBO Max's The Prince?

Featured Posts