Sesame Street 50th Anniversary Special

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration

That was amazing. Joe is SO old.

I love that that's Telly's whispering voice.

Great to see Maria again. It wouldn't be the same without her.

I also recognized a ton of erstwhile retired characters including Don Music, Harvey Kneeslapper, Lefty, Little Bird, the Two-Headed Monster, Biff and Sully, Guy Smiley, Captain Vegetable, the Amazing Mumford, Forgetful Jones, Sherlock Hemlock, Hoots the Owl, Roosevelt Franklin, Gladys the Cow, Grungetta, and others. Kermit made a rare modern appearance too.

Matt Vogel is good as Ernie and Kermit, but I think he sounds wrong as Big Bird. The Count's new voice is off too.

That was great. I'm getting the DVD. *****.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Thought I'd use this thread instead of making a new one.

Sesame Street "Elmo's Playdate"

I liked seeing Elmo's dad Louie. We don't see him very often.

I liked that the special reminds kids to wash their hands and try not to touch their faces. And I loved the characters expressing gratitude for the service workers who are still out there and helping everybody. Sesame Street's biggest selling point to me is that it always feels very relevant to the moment. And I think antsy kids probably needed something like this to assure them that Elmo is still okay, they will be okay, and we can get through this together. It's a refreshing message in a climate that is toxic to me, but Sesame Street the sees the best in people and celebrates them for it.

I loved this special. ****.

Reactions: superkeegan9100

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Elmo's Playdate: Scavenger Hunt

How does Elmo wear a mask anyways? He ain't got no ears.

I don't care how much the Sesame Street Muppets talk it up; corn ice pops sound nasty.

Oscar's new puppet is sure green. His fur has a sheen to it now which is not something I'm sure is appropriate for that specific character.

A diverting enough 25 minutes. Kids will be happy. ***1/2.