Seriously, What Happened To "Robot And Monster"?!

dth1971

Even T.U.F.F. Puppy is on a hiatus from Nickelodeon in America while the first season and some second season TP episodes are rerun on Nicktoons.

NickFan

Even T.U.F.F. Puppy is on a hiatus from Nickelodeon in America while the first season and some second season TP episodes are rerun on Nicktoons.

You look like you're a HUGE fan of "T.U.F.F. Puppy"... and if you love that show as much as I love "Robot And Monster", then I feel your pain. "T.U.F.F. Puppy" is probably my third favorite Nicktoon and I also want it to return. I know that Nick is also mistreating TP a lot right now, which must be hard for TP fans like you. But look at the bright side, at least TP had a very successful first season and most of a second season, and it hopefully has a third season on the way. R&M was treated like garbage from the very start and was never given a chance to succeed, it would probably have been really popular if Nick handled it properly. But I will never give up hope on the show's return, no matter how unlikely it may seem. I do also hope that TP makes a comeback as well! :)

D

Dave Pressler

Love to see all of the folks who like R&M. I wish I had a satisfactory answer to why the show was cancelled. The network was supportive all through production, picked up addition episodes during production then did not want to continue the second season.
Some people believe it was cancelled before it aired, but that is not true. I have no idea if Nick plans on airing the last four episodes. The good news is they are releasing the entire 26 episode on DVD and it can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Me my partners and the whole R&M crew sincerely loved making the show and worked hard to make it funny, original, and visually exciting. The fact that the show was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Kids Show was quite an honor and a pat on the back that made us all feel like we were on to something good. Keep watching the reruns! -DP

Looney Tunes Fan

Moon Prism Power, Make Up!
Love to see all of the folks who like R&M. I wish I had a satisfactory answer to why the show was cancelled. The network was supportive all through production, picked up addition episodes during production then did not want to continue the second season.
Some people believe it was cancelled before it aired, but that is not true. I have no idea if Nick plans on airing the last four episodes. The good news is they are releasing the entire 26 episode on DVD and it can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Me my partners and the whole R&M crew sincerely loved making the show and worked hard to make it funny, original, and visually exciting. The fact that the show was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Kids Show was quite an honor and a pat on the back that made us all feel like we were on to something good. Keep watching the reruns! -DP
Wow, welcome to the forums! I've loved your show since it premiered on Nickelodeon, and it sure is a disappointment that it was cancelled early on. I am glad to say that 1 unaired episode was aired on Nicktoons this past December, leaving only 3 episodes not yet aired on TV (although one was leaked via Amazon Instant Video). I hope that Nick will air the remainder on Nicktoons in the future, but I'll be buying the Amazon DVD regardless.

Thanks for such a great show,

LTF :)

Tbridge44

I actually just started watching R&M reruns on Nicktoons, and was pleasantly surprised to see what I saw. From the outside looking in it was very "Fanboy and Chum Chum" esque, but it wasn't anything of the sort when you actually watched it.

P

Pokekirby

very recently on nicktoons there was an ad for a marathon of fanboy and chum chum, tuff puppy and robot and monster. includedin the marathon will be new episodes. for all of those shows! i don't know if its on nick yet. probaly just nicktoons

P

Pokekirby

new episodea for FB and CC , Robot and Monster and TUFF puppy are coming to nicktoons in a marathon!

rockorockorocko

About time... FBaCC only has 1 episode, RaM has 3 and TP has 8. If you (or anyone) find out more info on it - specifically the air dates - please post. Hope Nick finally closes out these series.

kanc

They should also include Penguins of Madagascar. They still have 4.5 episodes unaired and last episode aired on Nicktoons on December 2013. This has got to be finished. No more reruns of these shows on Nickelodeon in weekend mornings.

Robot&Monster10

They just think that they could do whatever they want to do to robot and monster
:mad:

MOD EDIT: @Robot&Monster10 Hey there, welcome to Toonzone. Let's take the emoticons down a notch, that counts as irritating styles of posting and we prefer to keep the threads as easy to read as possible. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

shoohorn

Suprising how quickly it got cancelled. it looked kinda like a cheap european cgi show (judging by some characters looks) except having text stuff EVERYWHERE around the show (not just the title cards and credits) and more complex & fast animation and violence & explosions (why is it called preschool sometimes anyway? originally going to be a preschool show about inventing i guess?)

jaylop97

Staff member
They just think that they could do whatever they want to do to robot and monster
:mad:
Well Nick being Nick really did poorly on the shows treatment, it only was on the network for a year pretty bad compared to other shows being on Nick for 2 years or so, and later moving to Nicktoons, but R&M received little attention overall.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Ive avoided Robot and Monster since it came out because I thought it looked awful, but with all the praise it's getting in this thread, I might just have to check it out sometime. I do agree Nick didn't treat it very well, but unfortunately there aren't a lot of shows that Nick actually treats well anymore.
You look like you're a HUGE fan of "T.U.F.F. Puppy"... and if you love that show as much as I love "Robot And Monster", then I feel your pain.
I feel both your pain. I love the Penguins of Madagascar but Nick has only aired one episode out of several unaired (I forget the exact amount) since 2012, and it didn't even air until this past February. Nick treated it well for most of it's run, then when production stopped, I guess they stopped caring.

kanc

I think this is old news. Tuff Puppy already finished burning episodes back March or April this year.
Robot and Monster can still be shown in DVD, just one unaired episode hasn't shown on TV.
Penguins of Madagascar has 4 more episodes left to air. So we don't know when or if they'll finish the remaining episodes.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Wow.....

If I had to select my 5th best Nick to on ever... it would be Robot and Monster for sure.

I mean, it would logically make sense for it to become a huge sensation. The show comes from a guy specialized with making drawings of robots, in a way that he even says how "he would go on if the show was renewed for over 20 seasons", it has great talented cast members, pioneering slapstick humor in 2D, stereotypical characters that as the show progresses, just like the ones in SB season 1, become relatable and uniquely developed, and a cast that would end up finishing production of episodes ahead of the schedule! So.... why was it cancelled? You know... Aside from what the executives as terrible ratings, and an utter lack of interest from them.

Anyway, my favorite episode is "Adventures in Babysitting" (I found the story ark with Monsters sister pathetic ally following Monster had a good resolution, and plus the climate is fantastic).

kanc

Wow.....

If I had to select my 5th best Nick to on ever... it would be Robot and Monster for sure.

I mean, it would logically make sense for it to become a huge sensation. The show comes from a guy specialized with making drawings of robots, in a way that he even says how "he would go on if the show was renewed for over 20 seasons", it has great talented cast members, pioneering slapstick humor in 2D, stereotypical characters that as the show progresses, just like the ones in SB season 1, become relatable and uniquely developed, and a cast that would end up finishing production of episodes ahead of the schedule! So.... why was it cancelled? You know... Aside from what the executives as terrible ratings, and an utter lack of interest from them.

Anyway, my favorite episode is "Adventures in Babysitting" (I found the story ark with Monsters sister pathetic ally following Monster had a good resolution, and plus the climate is fantastic).
Uh.. may i ask why did you bump up this thread?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts