September 2017 Nick Premieres

Mandouga

@ kanc: What I meant was that I Am Frankie seems to be a show about an android, but in actually, it's just another metaphor for school life that some people have already seen eleventy billion times, especially the "becoming human" part. While this show is a drama, nevertheless, if you've seen My Life as a Teenage Robot (a comedy), you've already seen this one.

In short, this show could easily be done without the "android" part, which is exactly what's wrong with this show. If I wanted to watch a drama (or a comedy, for that matter) about school life, I would be looking for that (which I usually don't, but how personally view this show, or any other comedy or drama is irrelevant). Instead, I found a show that supposedly was about an android, but is really just another attempt to relate to the "roller coaster of emotions while trying to 'survive' school" group of viewers, or more broadly, to relate to those certain groups of viewers who want more "realism" in "their" shows, not matter how superficial it ends up being; something any plain old drama or comedy could do. Either that, and/or the makers of the show simply figure that no one will know the difference. In any case, this is really just another show that tries to tell any number of (groups of) viewers what to think. In any case, either do a comedy, do a drama, or do a sci-fi series. Yeah, I know. Sci-fi does often have elements of comedy, drama or both, but this isn't the same thing as just doing a comedy or drama that simply has one or more sci-fi parts. There's a big difference between the two. For this reason, you shouldn't claim you're doing one thing, when you're really doing another. To put it another way, if you really want to "relate/appeal" to the viewers, then don't try to "relate/appeal" the viewers. They need to be able to do that on their own. Yes, we're sure the makers of the show "know what it's like", and we're sure that they've "been there", but that's not necessarily the problem. That needs to come out on its own, and the only way that can happen is if they makers of show just be themselves, something that the premise of shows like I Am Frankie seem to go against. OTOH, as an adaptation of a "telenovela", I guess any kind of melodrama is to be expected, but still.

Hence why I said before that I know another metaphorical production when I see one.

kanc

@ kanc: What I meant was that I Am Frankie seems to be a show about an android, but in actually, it's just another metaphor for school life that some people have already seen eleventy billion times, especially the "becoming human" part. While this show is a drama, nevertheless, if you've seen My Life as a Teenage Robot (a comedy), you've already seen this one.

In short, this show could easily be done without the "android" part, which is exactly what's wrong with this show. If I wanted to watch a drama (or a comedy, for that matter) about school life, I would be looking for that (which I usually don't, but how personally view this show, or any other comedy or drama is irrelevant). Instead, I found a show that supposedly was about an android, but is really just another attempt to relate to the "roller coaster of emotions while trying to 'survive' school" group of viewers, or more broadly, to relate to those certain groups of viewers who want more "realism" in "their" shows, not matter how superficial it ends up being; something any plain old drama or comedy could do. Either that, and/or the makers of the show simply figure that no one will know the difference. In any case, this is really just another show that tries to tell any number of (groups of) viewers what to think. In any case, either do a comedy, do a drama, or do a sci-fi series. Yeah, I know. Sci-fi does often have elements of comedy, drama or both, but this isn't the same thing as just doing a comedy or drama that simply has one or more sci-fi parts. There's a big difference between the two. For this reason, you shouldn't claim you're doing one thing, when you're really doing another. To put it another way, if you really want to "relate/appeal" to the viewers, then don't try to "relate/appeal" the viewers. They need to be able to do that on their own. Yes, we're sure the makers of the show "know what it's like", and we're sure that they've "been there", but that's not necessarily the problem. That needs to come out on its own, and the only way that can happen is if they makers of show just be themselves, something that the premise of shows like I Am Frankie seem to go against. OTOH, as an adaptation of a "telenovela", I guess any kind of melodrama is to be expected, but still.

Hence why I said before that I know another metaphorical production when I see one.
Ok thanks for explaining. Yeah I'm familiar with my life as a teenage robot.. I am Frankie is kinda like that but little different like you said

kanc

I'm wondering if Nick will premiere Frankie following WWDoP.
I think I can assume since that is a daily live action series when it will premiere in September, I'm assuming beginning of September, probably for one month event

kanc

It could air later in the day. I don't think going off the air for a few hours is the only thing they do.
The TRUE meaning of "dead on arrival": premiering a new series after a 3 hour block of nothing.
I just said I'm assuming it will air in beginning of the September, since it is a daily live action. But then again that is your own opinion

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I was thinking more of like a sneak-peek following WWDoP, as a treat for viewers, then the full premiere on the Monday. Zap2it's currently listing the first few weekdays of September, but there's no sign of IAF yet.

Anonymoususer2004

Excelsior!
My opinions on the two new shows:

Mysticons is trying too hard to be like other Western magical girl shows. It's super boring and it tries too hard to be hip with teen lingo and fidget spinners (I'm serious)

I Am Frankie is basically the same as Every Witch Way and Talia in the Kitchen just without the weird camera set up. It also rips off MLAATR, which is a good show that I recently started watching on Hulu. IAF is basically the cliche New Girl At School show, but I found it enjoyable for some weird reason.

EDIT: Can't wait for the iCarly special.

I Am Nickelodeon 1

(Regular Nick Vids) on Twitter & YouTube
I just Cant wait for futon and Zap2it to update Because its all a mess right now. Nobody Knows the full Confirmed Schedule yet and as soon as they update everything will be back to normal. Nick Might show new confirmed promo's tomorrow night during the Dr Colosso Night. Thought I would share what im thinking about right now.

kanc

According to a Nickelodeon promo aired on TV, with Labor Day movie marathon, it will air I Am Frankie sneak peek, but what is unknown is they didn't say actual date when it will air, since tvguide nor zap2it did not even update.

Sat Sept 9, there will be After Party of Game Shakers special "Game Shippers" after new Game Shakers

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts