• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

segments of Space Stars we would've loved to see.

Latest News & Videos

JosephH1998

as with their fare at the time (1981-82) & the revivals of Space Ghost & The Herculoids there are segments of "Space Stars" that I would've loved to see.
new episodes of "The Fantastic Four" - (1967 version), since they were committed in their fight against intergalactic evil, If they had permission from Marvel Comics then yeah.
as well as "The Galaxy Trio" from Birdman - since it was more in line with the space theme.
and "The Impossibles in Outer Space" - based on "Frankenstein Jr. & The Impossibles" cartoon shorts from 1966
Wouldn't it have been possible to include these segments.

hobbyfan

Doubtful that reviving The Impossibles would've worked in this context. Plus, NBC & H-B had revisited the concept two years earlier, by grafting the Impossibles' powers, with some extras, on to a certain basketball team, creating the ill-advised Super Globetrotters.

Why they chose not to use the Galaxy Trio, I don't know. I think maybe if they explored the Teen Force, further, we'd probably find some link between the two teams.

As for the FF, the 1978 revival was licensed to DePatie-Freleng, which Marvel purchased a couple of years later, and although the Thing returned to H-B the following year, that is a black hole on his TV resume.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Why they chose not to use the Galaxy Trio, I don't know. I think maybe if they explored the Teen Force, further, we'd probably find some link between the two teams.
I think the reason Galaxy Trio wasn't included was because of the following:
  1. Those cartoons were meant to be second banana to the main Birdman cartoon (similar to how Dino Boy was the middle segment on Space Ghost).
  2. Reruns of Space Ghost and The Herculoids in the late 1970's helped perked interest in them appearing in new episodes in the 1980's.

Last edited: