Sega Genesis Mini coming 9/19/19

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA

Game list:

Ecco the Dolphin, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Space Harrier 2, Shining Force, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Toe Jam & Earl, Comix Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Gunstar Heroes.

Earthworm Jim, Castle of Illusion, Shinobi III, Contra: Hard Corps, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, World of Illusion, Thunder Force III, Super Fantasy Zone, Streets of Rage 2, Landstalkers.

Beyond Oasis, Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star IV, Street Fighter 2, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Sonic Spinball, Vectorman, Wonderboy in Monster World.

Virtua Fighter 2, Alisia Dragoon, Columns, Dynamite Headdy, Strider, Kid Chameleon, Light Crusader, Monster World IV, Eternal Champions, Road Rash II

Bonus Games: Tetris,Darius

I'm shocked about Castle and World of Illusion. I never thought they'd manage to license Disney games. I also am looking forward to playing Earthworm Jim.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
May 14, 2002
New York
users.ign.com
I was more of an SNES guy in the 90s, but sometimes I wish I could have had a Genesis as well. So I'm going to be after this one. I've already preordered. So I'll have this, and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Switch to look forward to in the same week, and they'll actually be a day apart.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I didn't have a Genesis either which is why I want to get this. Some of these games I've never played (the ones that weren't on the AT Games Flashback) and I always wanted to. I love old-school 8 and 16 bit Disney games. Earthworm Jim looks fun too.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
More like it's legit because they got a developer (M2) who knows a lot about emulating classic arcade games. Ironically though, it was originally going to be another AtGames release.

9/19/19? I don't think they intended that as a reference to the 20th anniversary of the Dreamcast, especially since that was released on 9/9/99 (which incidentally was the same day the MTV Video Music Awards aired that year). I'm surprised they're not releasing on August 14th since that marks the 30th Anniversary of the Genesis in North America (it had come out in Japan as the Mega Drive in October of the previous year).

SNS

Oct 8, 2002
United States

I hope these get released in the United States (no, they won’t let you play Sega CD or 32X games, these are just for visuals).

Reactions: Fone Bone