Sega Genesis Collection 2 wishlist

Burdette25159

With Sega Genesis Collection out, there are some disapointed folks who are saddened that the games that they wanted on Sega Genesis collection didn't make the list. I have decided to put together a wishlist of games that need to be in the 2nd Sega Genesis Collection

-Phantasy Star (Yes the original was released on Genesis I think)
-688 Attack Sub
-Afterburner I and II and III
-Alien Storm (Arcade and Genesis Versions)
-BioHazard Battle
-Bonkers (Sega made the game)
-Chakan
-Cyborg Justice
-Dynamite Headdy
-Eswat
-Galaxy Force 2 (Include the arcade version of this along with the original)
-GLoc: Air Battle
-X-Perts (Sequel to Enternal Champions)
-Gunstar heroes
-Light Crusader
-Outrun (Genesis and Arcade versions please!)
-Outrunners
-Streets Of Rage Trilogy

Sigma

Simply Phenomenal
Burdette25159 said:
With Sega Genesis Collection out, there are some disapointed folks who are saddened that the games that they wanted on Sega Genesis collection didn't make the list. I have decided to put together a wishlist of games that need to be in the 2nd Sega Genesis Collection

-688 Attack Sub
-Afterburner I and II and III
-Alien Storm (Arcade and Genesis Versions)
-BioHazard Battle
-Bonkers (Sega made the game)
-Chakan
-Cyborg Justice
-Dynamite Headdy
-Eswat
-Galaxy Force 2 (Include the arcade version of this along with the original)
-GLoc: Air Battle
-X-Perts (Sequel to Enternal Champions)
-Gunstar heroes
-Light Crusader
-Outrun (Genesis and Arcade versions please!)
-Outrunners
-Streets Of Rage Trilogy
Phantasy Star was a Master System title.

I would have really liked to see Chakan: The Forever Man, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3, and the X-Men games on this collection. The X-Men games aren't possible due to the licenses being owned by Activison and I believe EA, but it would be hella cool to play those games again without having to dust off my Genesis.

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Streets of Rage Trilogy is a-must! If not, I'll probably pick those titles up on the Virtual Console (hopefully.) Did I misread or did Revenge of Shinobi not make the cut for games on the first Genesis Collection list? If that's right, then add that to the list. Add some of the lesser-known 32X titles and maybe some Sega CD ones perhaps? Most of the Sega titles from other companies are not likely to happen, but if they could do some, that would be nice (MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER! lol)

I think a Sega Saturn collection would rock. I own a Saturn, but some titles I missed out on aren't easy to collect, ones I'd include:
- Virtual On
- Bug! and Bug Too!
- Virtua Cop Series
- Panzer Dragoons (oh how I love those games)
- Fighting Vipers
- Clockwork Knight titles
- NiGHTs (Even though I own it :))
-etc.

EscaflownePilot

Sigma said:
Phantasy Star was a Master System title.
It was supposedly also released for the Genesis in Japan. Not sure if there was any real difference between the two versions, though.

Michael24

Staff member
I second the STREETS OF RAGE trilogy (I have SOR2 for Genesis already but have never played the others) and MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER. And maybe even FLASHBACK and TWO CRUDE DUDES, though I also have those already.

And I started to say TIME TRAVELER as well, but then I remembered it was just an arcade game by Sega and never ported. But given the technology of the game, would it even be possible to port it?

Punisher

One Shot At Glory
Subterrania. Nobody has heard of it, but it's in the same style as Ikaruga, only better. Easily one of my favorite Genesis games ever.

Artimus Gigan

Aeris Fries
Well being that I have Revenge of Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, and Shinobi 3 in some shape or form now(I had RoS for Genesis), were more games of the series for the Genesis? Or was three Shinobi games it? If there were more they need to add them, also they need to add the first one for completion's sake in the next collection.

Shining Force would definetly be welcome since Phantasy Star made it's appearence

Also every single Fighter/Brawler available that they could port

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
Burdette25159 said:

Wasn't that released not too long ago on the GBA?

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Surprised nobody mentioned Virtua Racing yet. That'd be on my wish list, especially if it was the Deluxe version for 32X.

Artimus Gigan

Aeris Fries
Speedy Boris said:
Surprised nobody mentioned Virtua Racing yet. That'd be on my wish list, especially if it was the Deluxe version for 32X.
Sega Classics(which had a US release) got a refined and improved version of the 32X version

it wasn't marred like the Golden Axe game on the same collection, and it's pretty much spot on with the original having everything being rendered out of triangles and all. It's just not as jaggy as the original and runs much smoother.

Honestly I hope that they do eventually include some 32X games, the system had a few noteable gems, like Chaotix and Kolibro.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Artimus Gigan said:
Sega Classics(which had a US release) got a refined and improved version of the 32X version

it wasn't marred like the Golden Axe game on the same collection, and it's pretty much spot on with the original having everything being rendered out of triangles and all. It's just not as jaggy as the original and runs much smoother.
I know- I have Sega Classics Collection. The Virtua Racing recreation on there is indeed fun, but for a 2nd Sega Genesis Collection I'd love to have the originals. Plus, the Classics Collection VR didn't have the 32X tracks.

Artimus Gigan

Aeris Fries
Speedy Boris said:
I know- I have Sega Classics Collection. The Virtua Racing recreation on there is indeed fun, but for a 2nd Sega Genesis Collection I'd love to have the originals. Plus, the Classics Collection VR didn't have the 32X tracks.
I thought the CC version did. It's been awhile since I played VR on 32X so I may be incorrectly remembering things.

Allthough personally, I would like more unlockable arcade exclusive/alternate version games than creator interviews the next go-around(After Burner, Space Harrier). Also some Gamegear games would be interesting

Apparently people have been getting this compilation in droves from what i've heard, this is definetly a good sign if more things are to come of this. A Virtua Fighter/Fighter's megamix on a compilation or a Panzar Dragoon series on a Compilation would be definetly worthwhile.

I would like Sakura Taisen to make an appearence since they've allready done Phantasy Star and Sword of Vermillion, but Sega Japanese exclusives being dis-classified in America seem like a pipe dream at this point

Knightmare

The one thing that I'd like to be added to the next Sega Collection is unlimited continuesm that way I could reeally have some fun with these classic games. Other than that I'd love to see the Afterburner trilogy on there too.

Artimus Gigan

Aeris Fries
Knightmare said:
The one thing that I'd like to be added to the next Sega Collection is unlimited continuesm that way I could reeally have some fun with these classic games. Other than that I'd love to see the Afterburner trilogy on there too.
All the old cheat codes work for the Genesis collection

many of which had infinate lives and/or level select

the problem is that [ ] /\ O have all unified assigned commands for each game and not a direct translation of the ABC buttons so while X may be B for some games it could also be C in another. X is pretty much the jump button in most of the games in this set, but the jump button wasn't always the same button for each game on the genesis.

However I wonder if they would consider Shining in The Darkness to be a viable port. IIRC while it wasn't officialy a Shining Force game it borrowed alot from the SF series

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Heh, since we're talking about 32X titles, how about Tempo? I tried a little of that and it was pretty interesting. Also, somewhere on the-magicbox.com it was mentioned by someone from Sony that they might try to make it possible to download Sega Saturn titles on PS3. If that's so, they might pull me into wanting the system a little more (especially if they have Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2, and even more so if they have.... Panzer Dragoon Saga, the title going $120 and over on Ebay.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts