"Secret Life of Pets 2" News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

May 28, 2016
Ratings
554 8
Well, it was still happening soon after the first film became a big hit, so it didn't surprise me one bit that a sequel is coming.
Sure, a new voice actor for Max had to come in after... you know, but hey, that is just one person/character that wasn't going to change course for the worse. So here's hope this sequel also becomes a big hit (expected but still).

Dec 3, 2017
Ratings
United States
So yeah...this is actually happening.
Indeed it is. And honestly...I really don't think we need it. I found the trailer to be quite lame. What's the plot? The pets go to the vet? I thought the first movie was kind of a disaster, and unfortunately this looks about the same. "We start fires" was the only thing here that got a slight smile out of me.

Also, it's weird having Max not be voiced by Louie C.K. Not that I miss him...

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Mar 31, 2017
Ratings
277 5
US
Honestly I got a kick out of the "we burn things" line from the cats.

I dunno why people think it's cool to diss Illumination. Yes the minions can be annoying but this studio still puts alot of effort into their work. Sing! Was great and Grinch looks good. The first Secret Life of Pets was just average but this overall these movies are harmless and looks like it could be a mildly entertaining way to kill some time.

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Mar 31, 2017
Ratings
277 5
US
Illumination movies are not worth paying to see in theaters.
I will watch this on Netflix when it’s available. I actually kind of like the first film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high! I mean I know that's how the theater's make most of their money but c'mon! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if theaters went belly-up all together in another 10-20 years or so if enough people get tired of the pricing.:shame:

May 28, 2016
Ratings
554 8
Illumination movies are not worth paying to see in theaters.
I will watch this on Netflix when it’s available.
I can agree with this.

In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high!
I agree here too.

I'm usually a matinee man when it comes to seeing the movies in their initial screenings (and it's rare I do this too). Tickets are much cheaper then of course. And I've never bought snacks from the concession stand; usually from the dollar store.
No matter what rules they places on things like this, won't stop me from raking in cheaper-priced, better-taste outside food over their high-priced, mid-quality snacks.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high! I mean I know that's how the theater's make most of their money but c'mon! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if theaters went belly-up all together in another 10-20 years or so if enough people get tired of the pricing.:shame:
Some definitely are, but I would say Life of Pets was definitely not worth price of full admission.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.