"Scooby-Doo" Direct-to-Video Animated Features News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

JThree

I'm going to guess that Scrappy Doo was trapped inside the casket after the group failed to capture the thirteenth ghost, that's why Scooby was so stressed out after they returned home with Shaggy and Daphne. The latter two agreeing not to bring up the matter again. Some people are guessing that Vincent's character might be the final specter. We'll see. Have to admit I'm interested to know the final resolution, and I'm grateful that the WB animators took this project on. It got my interest.

Wish WB Animation could do more projects like this! The plot sounds better than their recent Scooby Doo Direct to Video movies.

Does anyone know if the current SD writers checked to see what the original writers had intended thirty some years ago? Does anybody know where we can ask?

--Jthree

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, Tom Ruegger has not commented about the movie on twitter , either positively or negatively, so we don't know what he thinks . He may not even know this project was greenlit. The same goes for Mitch Schauer, who does not have a social media account , so we won't even know what he thinks.

Frontier

Staff member
So speaking of animated revivals/continuations, I've just stumbled onto a rumor that the next DTV is going to be a sequel to Zombie Island (some artists on Linkedin have apparently had it listed on their pages as a project they worked on last year), so I'm really curious to see how they handle that one o_O.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So speaking of animated revivals/continuations, I've just stumbled onto a rumor that the next DTV is going to be a sequel to Zombie Island (some artists on Linkedin have apparently had it listed on their pages as a project they worked on last year), so I'm really curious to see how they handle that one o_O.

Man, Zombie Island is still my favorite Scooby-Doo film. I feel like it couldn't be made nowadays (the violence is surprisingly high, and the tone is a lot different than the modern films). If they pulled it off, that'd be really cool.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick note - a talkback for Curse of the 13th Ghost will be up in a few minutes. Please use that for in-depth discussion, to avoid adding any big spoilers here. If there's enough discussion, future Scooby movies might also receive their own separate talkback threads.

Also, I saw the rumored "Return to Zombie Island" a while ago. I'm definitely interested in seeing more, hopefully it will live up to the original (still probably one my favorite Scooby projects ever - and hard to believe it's already like 20 years old).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member

Return To Zombie Island will be shown at Comic Con on July 21.
Guess we should be getting a trailer soon...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts