"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Via Deadline, a new Scooby-Doo animated series, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? will premiere on the Boomerang streaming service in 2019.

The Mystery Inc. gang welcomes new members in the all-new series, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?. From Warner Bros. Animation, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? follows the grand tradition of Scooby-Doo team-ups and takes the idea to hilarious new heights.
Faced with some of their toughest mysteries yet, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will join forces with some of the biggest names in celebrity and pop culture including NBA superstar Chris Paul, recording artists Halsey and Sia, Ricky Gervais, Kenan Thompson, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mark Hamill, Steve Urkel (voiced by Jaleel White reprising his iconic role) Batman, Sherlock Holmes, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many more!
Jump into the Mystery Machine for all-new comedic mystery-solving adventures where the biggest mystery will be who’s teaming up with those “meddling kids” this week!
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Chris Bailey (Kim Possible) serves as producer with Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) as executive producer. The series premieres in 2019.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know it's nice to finally get a revamp of The New Scooby Doo movies having a Scooby show whose premise is the Scooby gang interacting with various celebrities. In the 70's you had to be incredibly hokey and more sincere about it, but I'm sure this will be much more tongue and cheek and amusing about the various interactions which honestly will make it a lot funnier. Granted at most these will be half hour episodes (since it's Boomerang streaming so it may not have CN's ridiculous standard of "only 11 minute episodes segments for every show" rule) instead of the New Scooby Doo movies hour but again sounds like a good place to bring the series. Since yeah next year will be Scooby's 50th anniversary so why not celebrate that with a bunch of guest stars in a format harkening back more to the show's earlier roots.

First Logo Image:
399D2346-FB3D-4CCC-8F44-2F8710D2A1E8.jpeg

jaylop97

Staff member
I don't know how to feel about this on one part I think it is nice to see a Scooby Foo series take this route, but on the other I think Scooby Doo could have used some more time off from attempting another SD incarnation, although the franchise is known to make several shows within a few years so nothing to wrong there.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I think Scooby Doo could have used some more time off from attempting another SD incarnation, although the franchise is known to make several shows within a few years so nothing to wrong there.
Of course they were going to make another Scooby-Doo series immediately after Be Cool's cancellation, it was inevitable.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There will probably always be some sort of Scooby cartoon in production, a similar situation to Batman's (who just happens to be listed as one of the guest-stars for this show :p)

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I hope the art style is not the same as the last one.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

The New Scooby-doo Movies is one of my favorite Scooby Doo shows of all time so i'm happy this new Scooby Doo show will be similar to it.

Frontier

Staff member
I've been wondering for a while now if they would ever revive the Scooby-Doo Movies format, especially with "Scooby-Doo Team-Up" being pretty popular in the comics. So happy to see they'll be bringing that back :D.

The celebrity guests all sound like they'll bring a lot of fun and unique dynamics to the stories, and I can't say I ever expected to see the return of Steve Urkel on a Scooby-Doo cartoon :p.

Kevin Conroy is almost certainly confirmed to be playing Batman, so I'm curious who they'll get to play Flash and Wonder Woman...
I've heard the series will go back to a traditional Scooby-Doo style and not the Family Guy-esque one used in Be Cool.
I'm curious if the animation style will be the one they use for the animated movies, and that they used for the Supernatural crossover :).

MegasMilo379

Finally.
As a guy who loved The New Scooby-Doo Movies as a kid, I'm totally looking forward to ...And Guess Who? The list of celebs guesting (especially Kevin Conway as Batman, Bill Nye, Mark Hamill and Jaleel White as Steve Urkel (!!) makes me so ecstatic.

DeanBurrito25

Judging by the logo alone (a foolhardy judgement, I'm aware) it seems like this logo is aiming for the original 60s/70s aesthetic of the franchise instead of the more modernized aesthetic of What's New and Be Cool, contemporary celeb list aside. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to seeing the context of why the gang is teaming up with Urkel. :D

Seems like that Batman: Brave And The Bold crossover episode many moons ago had hints of this, but they didn't actually run with it until just recently. I wonder if The Flash will be voiced by his CW actor Grant Gustin or another property like the former Justice League show or something. I know Gustin lent his voice to that CW Seed animated "Vixen" series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts