"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
How do foreign language dubs of American guests stars work exactly? The whole selling point of the guest star is that they voice themselves. I always figured this show would be a nightmare to sell internationally.

Eldorado

That's disappointing news regarding DC stars... I was hoping for at least one more episode featuring Batman and the gang.

I wonder who nixed Superman and further appearances in season two? Chris Bailey or WB/DC?

Yeah, I imagined them doing a team-up with Aquaman where a real Kraken is destroying ships and they discover that her eggs were stolen by a masked diver working for Black Manta.

When I heard Mark Hamill was going to guest star I never guessed he'd do the voice of the Joker. I figured that was his only guest appearance in the series but imagine my surprise when not only DOES he play himself teaming up with the Gang in an episode but he also plays Trickster!

SweetShop209

I found an interview with series showrunner Chris Bailey. Here are some of the things he said:

Scoobypedia: How did you come onto Scooby-Doo and Guess Who, and what does your job entail?

Chris Bailey: "The original idea was to team up the gang with 1/2 celebrity guest stars and 1/2 cartoon guests stars, but over time, the cartoon characters gave way to the human celebrities. My only lament is that we never got to do a King Kong parody with Grape Ape or the Jabberjaw ep with Michael Phelps."

Scoobypedia: How many guest stars did you look at until you rounded it down to the 26 you choose for season 1? Were there any limitations on who you could use?

Chris Bailey: "As celebrities agreed to be on the show, the scripts and designs moved forward. Mike Ryan, the story editor, always included something personal about the guest stars to make their appearance unique, but some shows were more specific than others, so if a celebrity had to drop out, we had to scrap the episode because we couldn’t just substitute another actor."

Scoobypedia: What was production like on Guess Who? Since each episode is catered around a celebrity's availability, and the pending approval of each fictional character, how far could each episode go into production?

Chris Bailey: "The fictional characters were relatively easy, but we wouldn't start on scripts for the live celebrities until the deals were signed. I think that put an extra scheduling burden on our writing team."

Scoobypedia: Did any of the celebrities have any say on how they were depicted?

Chris Bailey: "Oh yeah, every guest star approved their character design."

Scoobypedia: What brought you to directing the Batman episode, and how were you able to make it distinctly different from the other episodes?

Chris Bailey: "I don't think Batman was intentionally directed differently from the other episodes except that it's the only one that I directed. It was the pilot and meant to set the tone for things to come in regard to using the classic setups, how real or scary the situations should be, how the characters react, etc..."

Frontier

Staff member
I found an interview with series showrunner Chris Bailey. Here are some of the things he said:

Scoobypedia: How did you come onto Scooby-Doo and Guess Who, and what does your job entail?

Chris Bailey: "The original idea was to team up the gang with 1/2 celebrity guest stars and 1/2 cartoon guests stars, but over time, the cartoon characters gave way to the human celebrities. My only lament is that we never got to do a King Kong parody with Grape Ape or the Jabberjaw ep with Michael Phelps."

Scoobypedia: How many guest stars did you look at until you rounded it down to the 26 you choose for season 1? Were there any limitations on who you could use?

Chris Bailey: "As celebrities agreed to be on the show, the scripts and designs moved forward. Mike Ryan, the story editor, always included something personal about the guest stars to make their appearance unique, but some shows were more specific than others, so if a celebrity had to drop out, we had to scrap the episode because we couldn’t just substitute another actor."

Scoobypedia: What was production like on Guess Who? Since each episode is catered around a celebrity's availability, and the pending approval of each fictional character, how far could each episode go into production?

Chris Bailey: "The fictional characters were relatively easy, but we wouldn't start on scripts for the live celebrities until the deals were signed. I think that put an extra scheduling burden on our writing team."

Scoobypedia: Did any of the celebrities have any say on how they were depicted?

Chris Bailey: "Oh yeah, every guest star approved their character design."

Scoobypedia: What brought you to directing the Batman episode, and how were you able to make it distinctly different from the other episodes?

Chris Bailey: "I don't think Batman was intentionally directed differently from the other episodes except that it's the only one that I directed. It was the pilot and meant to set the tone for things to come in regard to using the classic setups, how real or scary the situations should be, how the characters react, etc..."

It's not easy trying to make a cartoon with a bunch of celebrities :sweat:.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The Flash is going to appear in an episode.

I hope it's the Arrowverse incarnation.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

Here's a sneak peek of the Bill Nye episode.

"Space Station Scooby!" will be banned at least on Boomerang Central and Eastern Europe.
New episodes will premiere on Monday 20th April at 19:00CET here.
And the series will premiere on 4th May at 9:20CET on Cartoon Network Poland.

Last edited:

You're fired!
Some spoilers from the premiere of "Fear of the Fire Beast" that was aired yesterday on Boomerang Central and Eastern Europe.
IMG_20200425_190204.jpg

IMG_20200425_190651.jpg

IMG_20200425_191022.jpg
IMG_20200425_191543.jpg

You're fired!

Firstly I thought that it was due to fake death, but there was also other problem that led to ban this episode (read somewhere on the Internet about DeGrasse Tyson's being accused of sexual assault, but this case was canceled and solved around a year ago).

Eldorado

You know what I'd like to see?

An episode where Shaggy meets Shaggy (the reggae star) and the later is portrayed as our Shaggy's crazed number 1 fan (much to everyone's shock and confusion) and he uses his celebrity status to give Shaggy whatever he wants!

SweetShop209

Apparently, the remaining 13 episodes of season 1 were put up all at once.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I don't know why WB bother with SCOOBY TV shows at this point. No to little promotion, no specific merchandise, long breaks and dumping episodes whenever.

They've tried everything, but CN/Boomerang lose interest far too quickly. How do they expect kids to keep up with the shows?

SweetShop209

At this point, just put any future Scooby tv shows (as well as the remainder of this series) on HBO Max.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I guess you could say the Scoob! movie wasn't too well received, and these new episodes have already aired internationally at this point, but It's so weird they're not promoting this series in particular, given all the celebrity guest-stars they managed to get.

And yeah, I also believe the rest of the show might be heading to HBO Max. But then again, I expected this new batch of episodes would also premiere there.

Lex The Bookworm

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts