"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Staff member
If this becomes a hit, maybe they’ll allow DTV movies to be made based off other shows that have ended, or maybe they’ll have Scooby-Doo crossover with other WB ‘managed properties.
Honestly, imagine all the crossovers Tom and Jerry had but replaced them with Scooby-Doo. They’ll probably be better as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Complete press details - including the trailer and package artwork - are now up at The World's Finest. Click here for all the details.

t-02.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Could it be this movie means "Mitefall" is retconned?
It could take place at anytime before Mitefall. There's a couple continuity restrictions. Like if Firestorm appears in the movie, then the movie would have to take place after his debut episode on the series.

Frontier

Staff member
It could take place at anytime before Mitefall. There's a couple continuity restrictions. Like if Firestorm appears in the movie, then the movie would have to take place after his debut episode on the series.
Watch Bat-Mite turn up at the end and geek-out over the revival/crossover that just happened :p.

2010GT4.6V8

I love the line in the trailer Shaggy " talking animals freak me out" Scooby "Yeah tell me about it" LOL so funny!

btgr

It's possible that the rest of the Justice League International could make cameo appearances in this DTV film.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Back when BATB was on the air, I wanted to see it crossover with Mystery Incorporated but the crossover we got was more in the style of the New Scooby Doo Movies. Then I really wanted to see BATB continue as movies or DC Nation shorts or something else but I'd pretty given up on that at this point. Instead, we got the Batman 66 movies and I was pretty happy those happened. Seeing this trailer in my YouTube feed a few days back was a pretty awesome surprise. I'll definitely look forward to watching this.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
No, as of right now, just DVD or digital.

While the movie itself is naturally great news, the apparent lack of Blu-ray is a little disappointing, as if two of Warner's bigger cartoon franchises still aren't enough for there to be faith in an HD home video release.

Then again, there is precedent for this with both some of the recent non-crossover Scooby-Doo DTV movies and the third Batman Unlimited movie, all of which were also DVD-only on home video.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
While the movie itself is naturally great news, the apparent lack of Blu-ray is a little disappointing, as if two of Warner's bigger cartoon franchises still aren't enough for there to be faith in an HD home video release.

Then again, there is precedent for this with both some of the recent non-crossover Scooby-Doo DTV movies and the third Batman Unlimited movie, all of which were also DVD-only on home video.
Quite honestly, the lack of Blu-Ray is probably more to do with Warner Bros. assuming the main target audience for this being kids, thus sticking to a cheaper DVD release.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider

To be fair to WB, they tried Blu-Rays for a long time with these younger skewing DTV's, but I guess the sales weren't there.

The target audience is kids who don't care about such things or parents who want a cheap option that will entertain their child at home and even in cars, etc.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's the artwork for the back cover:
sdbbca.jpg

The movie is listed as being 75 minutes long, and the two New Scooby-Doo Movies episodes with Batman from the 70s will be included as special features.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Agreed, but you know, I'm a little suprised they did put these episodes on the disc as this is still readily available. If people liked this movie, it might have made them seek out other Scooby/Batman stuff.

Now they won't have to. :p

2010GT4.6V8

well i don't care if it's blu-ray or dvd I am so happy about this show. I love the Brave and the bold and scooby-doo shows. I think it will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts