"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
We're getting a crossover movie with Scooby-Doo and the Batman: The Brave and the Bold universe! IGN has the exclusive trailer and details!

The film is set to release on DVD and Digital January 9, 2018. Stay tuned for further details!

t-01.jpg

Mod Note: Post edited!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...-and-the-bold-trailer-debut-and-movie-details
Some details about the cast and crew:
In addition to classic DC villains like Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, the movie will also feature several friendly faces, including the likes of Aquaman, Plastic Man, The Question and Martian Manhunter. The crew will also have to contend with Scooby-Doo troublemakers like Ghost Clown, Spooky Space Kook, Gentleman Ghost, and Miner 49er.
The main voice cast includes Diedrich Bader as Batman, Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo and Fred, Grey Griffin as Daphne and Black Canary, Matthew Lillard as Shaggy, and Kate Micucci as Velma. The guest cast is comprised of Jeff Bennett as Joker, Jeffrey Combs as The Question, John DiMaggio as Aquaman, Nika Futterman as Catwoman, Nicholas Guest as Martian Manhunter, John Michael Higgins as The Riddler, Tom Kenny as Penguin and Plastic Man, Kevin Michael Richardson as Detective Chimp, Tara Strong as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, and Fred Tatasciore as Harvey Bullock.
Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold is directed by Jake Castorena. Paul Giacoppo wrote the teleplay, which is based on a story by supervising producer James Tucker. Michael Jelenic is producer on the film, with Sam Register, Benjamin Melniker, and Michael Uslan serving as executive producers.

Frontier

Staff member
Of note is some recasts and surprise role reprisals:

- Jeffrey Combs reprising The Question from the DCAU but replacing Nicholas Guest from the Brave and the Bold cartoon, though Guest is still reprising Martian Manhunter.

- Tom Kenny reprising The Penguin from The Batman but replacing Stephen root from Brave and the Bold.

- Tara Strong reprising Harley Quinn but replacing Meghan Strange from Brave and the Bold. She's also reprising Poison Ivy from DC Super Hero Girls but replacing Ivy's two VA's from the show as well (Vanessa Marshall and Jennifer Hale).

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
All together now: OUTRAGEOUS!

There's lots of opportunity for some camp mish-mash here. "Batman's Strangest Cases" shows they have a handle on all the familiar Scooby tropes, this should be that much better. I'll take any opportunity to experience that voice cast again, that's for sure.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, I was wondering if we would ever get a modern Scooby-Doo and Batman team-up movie and if Brave and the Bold would ever get a revival amidst DC reviving several of their older animated properties, but I can't say I was expecting it to come together quite like this :p.

But the movie looks really fun and it's nice to see the Brave and the Bold cast and those character designs again, plus it'll be fun seeing Mystery Inc. thrown into there :D.

Although, while I understand Plastic Man is a fan-favorite character on the show, wouldn't Elongated Man make more sense in this scenario with a group of mystery solvers? Although even Aquaman's in it so I guess Plas makes as much sense :rolleyes2:.
That's cool. So we got Space Ghost, and now another Scooby Doo teamup. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the meeting before.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
The previous meeting was a Bat-Mite fantasy, with even different VA's for Batman and Robin, so I doubt it'll be acknowledged here.

the greenman

The previous meeting was a Bat-Mite fantasy, with even different VA's for Batman and Robin, so I doubt it'll be acknowledged here.

That's true. Ya know the one thing I was thinking before it ever appeared was TB&TB meets Batman 66. This was even before they did the Batman 66 movie. Alas. . .

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Could it be this movie means "Mitefall" is retconned?

Batman: "We're.....we're back?" *camera zooms out*
Bat-Mite: "But how?!" *camera zooms out*
Dr. Manhattan: Nothing ever ends. *eats popcorn*

:p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This is a pleasant surprise. Revisiting the Brave and the Bold world after the recent Batman '66 animated movies should be fun. Scooby and the gang is just the icing on the cake.

I think this might be the first time Aquaman appears in a cartoon (outside of cameos) since Throne of Atlantis - not counting that Eagle Talon anime which probably won't be released outside of Japan.

What's next - a full-length Batman: The Brave and the Bold team-up with Space Ghost, or a Scooby-Doo & Young Justice cross-over? :p (Remember, some of the YJ girls had a cameo in the first Scooby WrestleMania movie)

Frontier

Staff member
I think this might be the first time Aquaman appears in a cartoon (outside of cameos) since Throne of Atlantis - not counting that Eagle Talon anime which probably won't be released outside of Japan.
I think it's also the first time The Question's appeared in a cartoon since Brave and the Bold, actually (same with Detective Chimp) :sweat:.

I would've said Bullock too, but then I remember he had a cameo in Killing Joke :rolleyes2:.

What's next - a full-length Batman: The Brave and the Bold team-up with Space Ghost, or a Scooby-Doo & Young Justice cross-over? :p (Remember, some of the YJ girls had a cameo in the first Scooby WrestleMania movie)
And didn't Greg say there were actually plans for a possible Young Justice and Scooby-Doo crossover :p?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I like how this movie is coming out on the 10th anniversary of the series (Okay, the show premiered in November while this movie comes out in January, but I'm still counting it as 10 years).

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
OK, what dirt does James Tucker have on the WB execs that makes them greenlight all his dream projects?;)

A wonderful little treat and a great opportunity to revisit the world of The Brave & the Bold. Let's face it, this is probably the best version of animated Batman to team up with Scooby. Perhaps they are saving DCAU Batman for that Turtles movie...

Really looking forward to this, but it's a shame there wont be a blu-ray.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, as I mentioned in the Scooby Doo DVD talkback thread, James Tucker produced the Mask Of The Blue Falcon movie, so he has some Scooby Doo experience.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Awesome, I love The Brave & the Bold, glad to see they continuing the series in the form of DTV movies.
OK, what dirt does James Tucker have on the WB execs that makes them greenlight all his dream projects?;)
It helps that Scooby-Doo's name is attached.

Spider-Man

This is awesome news! I can't wait for this! An unexpected treat! So happy to see my second favorite Batman cartoon back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts