"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,739 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
If this becomes a hit, maybe they’ll allow DTV movies to be made based off other shows that have ended, or maybe they’ll have Scooby-Doo crossover with other WB ‘managed properties.
Honestly, imagine all the crossovers Tom and Jerry had but replaced them with Scooby-Doo. They’ll probably be better as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,463 4
177A Bleecker Street
Back when BATB was on the air, I wanted to see it crossover with Mystery Incorporated but the crossover we got was more in the style of the New Scooby Doo Movies. Then I really wanted to see BATB continue as movies or DC Nation shorts or something else but I'd pretty given up on that at this point. Instead, we got the Batman 66 movies and I was pretty happy those happened. Seeing this trailer in my YouTube feed a few days back was a pretty awesome surprise. I'll definitely look forward to watching this.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
Jul 11, 2003
Ratings
29 3
spider-man.toonzone.net
No, as of right now, just DVD or digital.
While the movie itself is naturally great news, the apparent lack of Blu-ray is a little disappointing, as if two of Warner's bigger cartoon franchises still aren't enough for there to be faith in an HD home video release.

Then again, there is precedent for this with both some of the recent non-crossover Scooby-Doo DTV movies and the third Batman Unlimited movie, all of which were also DVD-only on home video.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
322 1
Chiyo-chan's America
While the movie itself is naturally great news, the apparent lack of Blu-ray is a little disappointing, as if two of Warner's bigger cartoon franchises still aren't enough for there to be faith in an HD home video release.

Then again, there is precedent for this with both some of the recent non-crossover Scooby-Doo DTV movies and the third Batman Unlimited movie, all of which were also DVD-only on home video.
Quite honestly, the lack of Blu-Ray is probably more to do with Warner Bros. assuming the main target audience for this being kids, thus sticking to a cheaper DVD release.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
854 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com

To be fair to WB, they tried Blu-Rays for a long time with these younger skewing DTV's, but I guess the sales weren't there.

The target audience is kids who don't care about such things or parents who want a cheap option that will entertain their child at home and even in cars, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0
My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?