"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Rate and Discuss this Movie!

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Mystery Inc. comes to Gotham and teams up with Batman and the Mystery Analysts of Gotham to solve a daring case!

Click the image above to read The World's Finest review!

Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold
Studio:
Warner Bros. Animation
Release Date: January 9, 2018, Digital HD and DVD

Synopsis: The ultimate crime-solving combination reunites when Batman joins the Mystery Inc. gang to catch a gaggle of villains wreaking havoc in Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Super sleuths Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma join forces with the world's greatest detective, Batman, when they discover that villains from both of their respective rogues' galleries have also combined efforts to terrorize the city. With Scooby snacks in tow, the crime-fighting teams encounter classic Batman foes (Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn) and allies (The Question, Aquaman, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter). As always, you won't know who the ultimate villain is until those "meddling kids" pull off the mask!

Diedrich Bader, who voiced the Dark Knight in the fan-favorite Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated television series, reprises his role for this all-new film alongside the longtime Scooby-Doo voice cast of Frank Welker (Scooby-Doo & Fred), Grey Griffin (Daphne and Black Canary), Matthew Lillard (Shaggy) and Kate Micucci (Velma). The guest cast includes Jeff Bennett (Joker), Jeffrey Combs (The Question), John DiMaggio (Aquaman), Nika Futterman (Catwoman), Nicholas Guest (Martian Manhunter), John Michael Higgins (The Riddler), Tom Kenny (Penguin, Plastic Man), Kevin Michael Richardson (Detective Chimp), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy) and Fred Tatasciore (Harvey Bullock). Jake Castorena directs the teleplay by Paul Giacoppo, based on a story by supervising producer James Tucker. Michael Jelenic is the producer. Executive Producer is Sam Register. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are Executive Producers.

DVD Bonus Features:
-Two vintage Scooby-Doo cartoons!

Related Threads:

-Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold Review (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave And The Bold - The Complete Season Three Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - The Complete Second Season Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - The Complete First Season Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Complete Season Three DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season Two, Part Two DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season Two, Part One DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season One, Part Two DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season One, Part One DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Additionally, please don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Lonewolf36

Great movie! Good to see all the Brave and the Bold characters again. Watched it late last night but i don't remember seeing any of the classic Scooby villains that was suppose to appear but it had numerous Batman villains throughout.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
This was a pure delight from start to finish. A snappy, well paced story (with a genuinely good mystery), wonderful animation and a top-notch voice cast.

I never realised how much I missed the Brave and the Bold world, but it was a joy to revisit it. Unfortunately, it only makes me want more.

A great film for Scooby and Batman fans alike.

SweetShop209

I finally got to see the movie. It's top notch, and helps exhibit the best of both of worlds. Good job to everyone involved. Also, good job to Sam Riegel in his first Scooby gig (as the voice director)

Lonewolf36

Ok i knew all the 40 plus villain with the exception of one. Who was the guy with the fake carrot nose in the Joker's car during the chase scene?

Road to Gotham

I believe carrot nose is GAGGY. He was a henchman for the Joker in a 60's comic book story.
BATMAN #186.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Vol_1_186

An Enjoyable, FUN-FILLED movie from start to finish.
Lots of twist and turns.
Love seeing all the villains. Especially Pengy dissing Joker. And I was glad Joker wasn't the main villain.
Nice seeing Det. Bullock.
Normally I don't care all that much but I did like the little continually touches from B:TB&TB.
Catwoman wearing her blue 70's custom.
Batman mentioning why they can't question Prof. MIlo.
Solid 'A' for me.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
"SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I was surprised to see that this didn't get a blu-ray release. Was there any reason for it? And should I even bother hoping that a blu-ray release would be the ULTIMATE Scooby/Batman collection? Seriously, how can WB have not put that episode on this set?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This was a fun movie. It's pretty awesome seeing the Brave and the Bold universe revisited, and adding Scooby and the gang as well was a nice touch. The story was good, with a pretty well crafted mystery and some neat twists along the way. The dialogue overall was cool - the alliteration, word jumbles, gags and allusions to both Scooby and Batman's histories, etc. - coupled with the great deliveries from all the voice actors and actresses, made this very entertaining. I'd like to see more Brave and the Bold animated stories down the line, since I think this movie proved there's still some great potential there.

I will probably post more detailed thoughts later on, but here are some random comments, in no particular order:

- It was great seeing my favorite version of Aquaman in action again. He had some nice scenes and some very amusing lines (I especially liked the bit where he didn't know exactly what his powers are). Also, "The time he helped Batman defend a gang of junior delinquents".

- I liked how the Scooby gang and the mystery analysts of Gotham interacted with each others. I wasn't expecting them to fit in so naturally.

- Daphne accidentally sitting on Plastic Man (disguised as a chair) reminded me of a similar gag from the show, when Platinum turned into a chair for Batman.

- Fred having a crush on Black Canary was a nice change from the usual scenario of Daphne having a random crush in most of the recent movies.

- The cameos from all those villains. I won't try and identify all of them, but I think most if not all the rogues that popped up throughout the show's run managed to appear here (or at least the Gotham-based ones, anyway).

- I would have liked if they added more heroes into the story, but to be fair they mostly focused on the best detectives (and Aquaman), and the movie was getting kind of crowded already.

- The chase scenes felt a little too long, but they were still pretty entertaining and kept in line with the usual Scooby tropes.

- The callback to Professor Milo's rodent related incident at the hands of the Spectre. One of the more memorable and creepy moments from the show.

- Harvey Bullock makes his debut in this continuity. I suppose he was the most suitable character for this story, suspecting Batman is guilty.

- Scooby and Shaggy defeating Bane and Blockbuster (with a technique kind of reminiscent of the Condiment King). Batman's reaction afterwards was great.

- The identity of the villain was kind of predictable, though they had the advantage of using a character who didn't get to appear on the show. Still the mystery was intriguing.

- The stuff with Riddler was cool, I liked that little backstory they added for him, and I wasn't expecting him to play such a big role in the movie.

- The Scooby gang dressing up as the Bat-Family. I thought Shaggy was the only one who didn't look that good, in the Disco Nightwing uniform. It would have been funny if he wore the Robin costume, though the gag probably wouldn't have had the same effect without Casey Kasem. On the other hand, I think Daphne looked the most like Batgirl.

- It would have been nice if they brought in Weird Al Yankovic for a role (if only to form the Holy Trinity of Pop Culture once again :p). Instead, the Don Knotts-like guard at Arkham was a pretty neat addition.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I couldn't have asked for anything better than this movie. I loved it. It left me feeling as good as I felt to see Hey Arnold's Jungle Movie after all of these years. I've wanted more Brave And The Bold in the form of movies or shorts since the series ended and I'd given up hope that this was a possibility. The Adam West movies felt as though they'd be the closest thing to that and I was happy for those. After I saw the trailer for this, I've been happy ever since but I've tried to keep that excitement low in the hopes that I wouldn't be disappointed. I must say that I really wasn't . They really did a great job on this. It doesn't feel as though this was made years after the series ended. They managed to capture the feel of the series perfectly while keeping in line with the Scooby DTVs. I thought the mystery worked, the characters felt true to form, the score was great, and I was happy to get a real BATB/Scooby crossover and not just a little segment mimicking the style of the old ones. I sincerely hope this pays off for them, especially if it meant another BATB movie. The only other thing that could make me as happy would be getting an EMH movie.

I think Kate Micucci has grown on me as Velma. Is it just me or did one of Riddler's henchmen look like John DiMaggio?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts