"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Rate and Discuss this Movie!

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters
Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
444 1
UK
Was Batman's line "Let's go" from the trailer cut from the final version of the film? I didn't notice it when watching the movie.

Anyway, this was a terrific and very welcome return to the world of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Sure, there were some plot contrivances (the Mystery Machine apparently being parked near the entrance to the tomb; Clayface being active as a criminal despite Batman's earlier claim that he was locked up in Blackgate; the real Question conveniently popping up out of nowhere at the end), but it's hard to find real fault with such a fun crossover.

I'm so glad that we got to see Batman working alongside a mystery solving team of his own with the Scooby gang, rather than just Robin. Detective Chimp, Question and Martian Manhunter all made perfect sense and I personally prefer the Brave and the Bold version of Black Canary to that show's version of Huntress, so good call there too. It was a little weird having Plastic Man there rather than Elongated Man, but since Plas was one of the major players in Brave and the Bold and the show has been gone for so long, his inclusion felt right. Then there's Aquaman - obviously no-one's going to argue with his inclusion! :D

It was also great to have the gangs go up against a variety of Batman villains, with the Riddler and Clayface as the main adversaries rather than the Joker and the Penguin. Riddler's bait and switch with Question was cool and something I didn't see coming despite Aquaman's suspicious observations about Question's changed behaviour.

Even though some chase sequences dragged on a little bit, I still thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would rank it above quite a lot of episodes from the Brave and the Bold series! This film boasts an awesome concept (Bats & Scooby!) and for the most part, it really delivers. Seeing the Mystery Inc. gang all decked out in Bat-attire was worth the price of admission alone! Will be interesting to see whether we get any more Brave and the Bold DTVs in the future - and if so, whether they hold a candle to this one!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,278 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
James Tucker always has a killer story in mind. I was surprised with how interwoven it was with Batman's early days, Nygma joining Milo's gang early on, Clayface's debut in the TB&TB canon, acknowledging Milo's death was a few years ago, etc. Turned to be a strong one. I wonder if this was a totally new pitch or if it was an unproduced pitch from when the show was being made or he took some ideas from various outlines.

The only thing that made me go "hurgh?" was when the gang looked at the Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing and Ace costumes and Batman said they 'former partners'. Some operating solo? Some retired? Some... dead? Felt kind of a like a grim moment. Plus Aquaman masked him if he lost another Robin in one scene.

Is it just me or did one of Riddler's henchmen look like John DiMaggio?
It wasn't just me who thought so. ;) I could have sworn Ventriloquist was based on Mike Carlin.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...