School's Out Forever!

Brian Cruz

Surf's Up
Well, after many long years of hard work, dedication, and procrastination, I finally graduated from the New York University Tisch School of the Arts last week!

On Monday I went to the Tisch Salute, held at Madison Square Garden:

graduation1.jpg

The special guest speaker was none other than Mr. Dustin Hoffman, who gave a very funny and memorable speech:

graduation2.jpg

Since there were over 1,000 graduates, instead of reading our names they scrolled them really fast on the big screen. Squint a little and you can see my name in the middle:

graduation3.jpg

Here's a pic of me and my sister afterwards:

graduation4.jpg

Thursday was the NYU commencement in Washington Square Park, which was incredibly long and dull. The highlights were the honorary degree given to Yankees manager Joe Torre, and all the booing and heckling directed at NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg. No pics of that, unfortunately. But here's one of me and my mother:

graduation5.jpg

Plus one of me and my girlfriend Eileen (better known to you all as Harley):

graduation6.jpg

I'll post some pics of my incredible graduation gift later!

Ben

Wise Fool
Congratulations! You look excited. Harl looks bushed. :p Oh, and nice purple styrofoam... thingys. That's a pretty cool place to graduate.

Where do you go from here?

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
Congrats, Brian! It feels good to finally get out of school with that diploma of yours, doesn't it? :) I'm graduating in two days myself, and I'm excited about that.

*HIGH FIVES*

-Tim

Galaxia

My Favorite Ed
Graduation at the Garden - that's awesome! AND Dustin Hoffman as the speaker - that's really cool! Congrats, Brian (and you too Timmy ^_^)

The highlights were the honorary degree given to Yankees manager Joe Torre, and all the booing and heckling directed at NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg.

Joe Torre getting an honorary degree = cool
Heckling Mike Bloomberg = PRICELESS! :D

As for me, I have 2 years to go before I graduate... :(

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Congratulations Brian (D?) Cruz (I think I found your name ;) )!!

Enjoy your time out of school! Now you get to work! :p

Outlander00

Another Stand Alone Complex
Congrats, Brian! Hope you (and Harl) are happy now that you are out of college. :) Hows it feel to be a college graduate (like some of us)? what did you go for anyway?

btw, if you come across a job needing an illustrator... Dont be affraid to call :p

Barb Gordon

Nin-Mod
Aww, you and Harl look so adorable! Congrats Brian *hugs* hehe, and here I am just having completed my freshman year of college, darn you :p

~Barb

RogueMartian

Cogito Ergo Sum
I'll be in school forever I'm sure. Even if I graduate I'll probably keep taking classes in something. I really like school.

But congrats on your graduation, Glad to hear your big day was enjoyable.

jeffrey 228

Congrats Brian Cruz and I hope you will be here more often now since you are out of school and you can do any thing you want, unless you are now looking for work and stuff.

Danielle

Whoo! Congratulations, Brian! {passes out cake} :) Bottom picture: is that a diploma in your hand? I want a diploma like that! {sulks} No fair...... :D

{remembers that she's supposed to be congratulating}

{squeals} Look-at-you-all-grown-up-graduating-already-and-you're-still-so-cuuuuuuuute!!!! {pinches Brian's cheeks}

Okkay, that's a bit TOO much...... :p Congrats!

Vin

Hi!
Congratulations, Brian. Good luck with whatever path you may choose.

Calico

Didn't you get the memo?
Congrats Brian! What a major accomplishment, you should be very proud. And dig the purple robe gown! :D

Brian Cruz

Surf's Up
Thanks everyone for the kind words. As for what I'm going to do now, I'm going to spend the summer working on Toon Zone stuff and looking for a job! I majored in Film & Television (emphasis on TV), so I'm looking for something in that field. Here's my HotJobs.com resume.

Spike: It was actually held in The Theatre at Madison Square Garden, which is attached to the actual MSG.

Twage: The purple thingies were supposedly called Fry Wavers, but we called them foam sticks, cause... well, that's what they were!

TimTwoFace, Outlander00: It feels great to get out of school! But I don't have my diploma yet cause it takes 4-6 weeks for them to mail it! :mad:

Sora Takenouchi: Nope, no grad school. I don't ever want to be in a classroom again. I'm done with that forever, hopefully. :cool:

Penguin: It's Brian P. Cruz!

jeffrey 228: I'm actually always around (I ahevw to, I own the place!), I just don't post much anymore. But now I probably will more often.

LooneyThad: I'll PM you about that sometime soon.

Danielle: Nope. NYU is sitngy, but they wouldn't give out foam diplomas!

And I'll post that pic of my graduation present soon, I hope.

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
A little late...but congrats, Brian! :D

Personally, today was my last day. Just some exams and I'm out (sophomore year in H.S. for me)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts