Saturday Morning Bumpers

superdude

king of cool
Favorites:
1. CBS 1983-85 era.
I have fond memories of the 'neat' graphics featured during this era. The UFO, the kites, floating jacks, the video game robots and jet fighters: so many memories. I watched all of the networks during the course of the year but NBC's bumpers tended to be more on the generic side and my favorite ABC bumpers were a couple years later....

2. ABC 1987. The stop-motion bumper had some great gags, was cute and had a jingle that was about as catchy as you could get. I usually would at least watch Bugs & Tweety and usually Pup Named Scooby-Doo

3. CBS 1987-What A Party. Always fascinated with the 'production' side of television so I just loved the control room setting and the music was catchy- with apologies to Ferris Bueller and Twix. ;)

4. CBS Mid '90s-Felix The Cat. Big fan of Felix and classic animation so I was pleasantly surprised to see him as the star of that season's CBS bumpers and to see him in his own new cartoon the following year.

Last edited:

superdude

king of cool
Worst:
1. NBC 1988.
This terrified me, hated these so much.

2. CBS 1989-early 90s.
The ones with the cartoon guy (Fido Dido) from the Sprite ads. Some of the gags were okay, but I found the 'doodle' animation boring. Plus they had these bumpers for like four seasons, for several Septembers I would be disappointed to see these bumpers remain. Jingle is catchy though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Despite the tepid reception, I actually enjoyed seeing Argylle in the cinema.
Shania Twain > Taylor Swift. That is all.
I wish the internet would quit pushing sites like Temu and Shein onto me. I can't stand them, for numerous reasons.
I almost forgot to mention, but I'm doing another Media Brackets competition

X-Men '97 is good so far, but don't forget that angst does not automatically equal depth. Just adding swears and piling on cheap tragedies doesn't instantly make your work deep or mature.

Featured Posts