Saturday Morning Bumpers

Latest News

superdude

king of cool
Mar 6, 2016
Ratings
Favorites:
1. CBS 1983-85 era.
I have fond memories of the 'neat' graphics featured during this era. The UFO, the kites, floating jacks, the video game robots and jet fighters: so many memories. I watched all of the networks during the course of the year but NBC's bumpers tended to be more on the generic side and my favorite ABC bumpers were a couple years later....

2. ABC 1987. The stop-motion bumper had some great gags, was cute and had a jingle that was about as catchy as you could get. I usually would at least watch Bugs & Tweety and usually Pup Named Scooby-Doo

3. CBS 1987-What A Party. Always fascinated with the 'production' side of television so I just loved the control room setting and the music was catchy- with apologies to Ferris Bueller and Twix. ;)

4. CBS Mid '90s-Felix The Cat. Big fan of Felix and classic animation so I was pleasantly surprised to see him as the star of that season's CBS bumpers and to see him in his own new cartoon the following year.

Last edited:

superdude

king of cool
Mar 6, 2016
Ratings
Worst:
1. NBC 1988.
This terrified me, hated these so much.

2. CBS 1989-early 90s.
The ones with the cartoon guy (Fido Dido) from the Sprite ads. Some of the gags were okay, but I found the 'doodle' animation boring. Plus they had these bumpers for like four seasons, for several Septembers I would be disappointed to see these bumpers remain. Jingle is catchy though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

♪ It's Craig of the Creek, he's gonna say duuuuuh ♫
Keinichi Hamada (or whatever his name is spelled) from NHK World sounds like a Japanese equivalent of that guy from the Kingdouble Ceramic Knives infomercial
All right! Profile posts are back! Now what was I talking about?
Alright, @RandomMe. I'll bite. What's DC PT?
It's a shame that while you Americans keep age-old televised Halloween traditions, here in Portugal they have since been abnegated (I'm talking to you, DC PT).