Saban Talkback: The Quest For Ratings - Saban Discussion V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So 5D's might finally get the rest of the subbed episodes on Hulu? YES, about time. As for GX...I gave up waiting. :p

aegisrawks

I hope Saban is getting Card Money from Yu Gi Oh. Or at the very least that Arc V will do well in Ratings.

aegisrawks

It would have been awesome if it had aired on Vortexx properly. Its the safest season to air because Disney was pretty strict with censorship.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It would have been awesome if it had aired on Vortexx properly. Its the safest season to air because Disney was pretty strict with censorship.

True. Although, most of the Digimon series could air on the Vortexx pretty easily with little to no edits required. Tamers would be probably the only series where they'd need to edit it since it got away with quite a bit on Fox Kids, especially the later portions of the series.

DonkeyKongSong

I suppose that's good news about ZEXAL getting a complete dub.

However, I have news that may be bad, but it's not 100% official... according to Zap2it, Sonic X is staying on the schedule on the 22nd. No titles have been revealed, however, so it is subject to change at any time.

I hope Saban is getting Card Money from Yu Gi Oh. Or at the very least that Arc V will do well in Ratings.

Me too. If they are getting card money from it, it may stay beyond 2015.

True. Although, most of the Digimon series could air on the Vortexx pretty easily with little to no edits required. Tamers would be probably the only series where they'd need to edit it since it got away with quite a bit on Fox Kids, especially the later portions of the series.

Well, I heard they may not be able to say "Gate of Destiny". I heard that was edited out of Fusion. That move is used in Adventure and Adventure 02.

It's official. Double RH beginning next week. Ugh, would it kill them to get new E/I shows and not run this one into the ground like 4Kids did with Cubix?

While I'd say they don't really care about the E/I hour anymore, seeing something like Chuck there is still sorta baffling. If they really want to keep a Sonic show on the block (they may, judging by their Facebook), one good example may be Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Say what you want about it, but it had 65 episodes, the "Sonic Says" segments make it fulfill E/I requirements, and it's probably dirt cheap now.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
However, I have news that may be bad, but it's not 100% official... according to Zap2it, Sonic X is staying on the schedule on the 22nd. No titles have been revealed, however, so it is subject to change at any time.

Yeah, they haven't played any promos for a show to replace it yet either. They usually start playing promos two weeks prior to the premiere, I guess Sendokai Champions isn't coming yet after all.

I get this feeling they'll still be running Sonic X into the ground while Sonic Boom is running on CN.

DonkeyKongSong said:
If they really want to keep a Sonic show on the block (they may, judging by their Facebook), one good example may be Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Say what you want about it, but it had 65 episodes, the "Sonic Says" segments make it fulfill E/I requirements, and it's probably dirt cheap now.

AoStH is an ugly and very cringe worthy show, it hasn't aged well at all and it didn't even look good back then. Granted I haven't watched it in years but it didn't appeal to me even back then, the only good thing about that show is its version of Robotnik.

Its also bit too old for Vortexx imo.

DonkeyKongSong

AoStH is an ugly and very cringe worthy show, it hasn't aged well at all and it didn't even look good back then. Granted I haven't watched it in years but it didn't appeal to me even back then, the only good thing about that show is its version of Robotnik.

Sad as it is to say, it's much, much better than Nanoboy. Yes, this show that looked terrible in 1993 is still better than that 2008 show, artistically and animation-wise too. At least the animation on AoStH flows a little more smoothly and the synchronization of the audio and video is spot on.

I'm not much for it either, and even when I was little I'd just watch it if it was on instead of making an effort to always try to catch it, and yes, it is old, and because of that it would also be really cheap to get, since the oft-mentioned Nanoboy also came from DHX Media, which now owns AoStH.

RunoMisaki573

Vortexx Schedule: February 8, 2014
7:00 AM The Adventures of Chuck and Friends #13 "Sleep-Driving Chuck / Daredevil Chuck"
7:30 AM Rescue Heroes #19 "Mayhem in the Mist / Sibling Blowout"
8:00 AM Sonic X #77 "A Fearless Friend"
8:30 AM Bolts and Blip #22 "Lord of the Box" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
9:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man #23 "Gangland" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
9:30 AM Justice League Unlimited #60 "The Greatest Story Never Told" POSSIBLE ERROR
10:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai #66 "The Time For Reunification Has Come! Piccolo's Unshakeable Resolve!"
10:30 AM Digimon Fusion #256 "A Rival Appears" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! #59 "ESpa Roba: The ESP Duelist - Part 2"
11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL #96 "Shadows of Deception" World Premiere English Dub Episode

This week:
- Premieres of ZEXAL continue
- Network premieres of The Spectacular Spider-Man, Bolts and Blip and Digimon Fusion continue
- JLU is set to air the same episode as last week, possibly due to an error
- Rescue Heroes skips the "controversial title" episode again.
Acually, the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Return" was aired on February 8, 2014. I was lucky to see the light-skinned Green Lantern at the beginning!
---
Yeah, they haven't played any promos for a show to replace it yet either. They usually start playing promos two weeks prior to the premiere, I guess Sendokai Champions isn't coming yet after all.

I get this feeling they'll still be running Sonic X into the ground while Sonic Boom is running on CN.

Come on, give us back the Power Rangers, Vortexx! Sonic X is 11 years old, and was reran more than the other Sonic show! Sonic X feels like a waste to the schedule. So far, I haven't seen any promos for the next Vortexx shows yet.

P.S.: I made this post during Justice League Unlimited on KMAX (The CW Channel 31, due to the four-hour delay on Vortexx).

Toon Hermit

Always jaded
If Saban had any brains in them, they would move Sonic X into Nicktoons, where it would finally be given weekday syndication.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
If Saban had any brains in them, they would move Sonic X into Nicktoons, where it would finally be given weekday syndication.

To this day, I'm still amazed that 4Kids never got Sonic X on Cartoon Network.

Sonic_Eclipse

Why they haven't done this yet, or why 4Kids never tried getting it on CN with Winx Club, One Piece, and TMNT is mind boggling.

Maybe Saban will pitch it to Nicktoons or The Hub when Sonic Boom launches on CN to cash in on brand name alone.

RunoMisaki573

To this day, I'm still amazed that 4Kids never got Sonic X on Cartoon Network.
Well, I was hoping for Sonic X on adult swim's Toonami, since the uncut versions of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden were aired there. If Saban ever produced an uncut English dub, that would be great. It might replace FMA: Brotherhood (likely if airing sooner) or Bleach (after the final season gets aired), when adult swim gets permission with Saban.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well, I was hoping for Sonic X on adult swim's Toonami, since the uncut versions of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden were aired there. If Saban ever produced an uncut English dub, that would be great. It might replace FMA: Brotherhood (likely if airing sooner) or Bleach (after the final season gets aired), when adult swim gets permission with Saban.

Even if they made an uncut Sonic X dub, there's no way that it would air on Toonami. Uncut Naruto and Shippuden air there, but both were highly requested shows that actually fit the block. Sonic X doesn't. Besides that, I don't think that Saban would want it on a block that aims primarily at young adults anyway. Getting Sonic X either on Nicktoons or Cartoon Network makes much more sense. Not to mention more possible than an uncut dub airing on Toonami.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter

Sonic X isn't really an adult show though, even uncut. The only thing really adult in the uncut version would be some minor Rouge fanservice.

gmster

Why they haven't done this yet, or why 4Kids never tried getting it on CN with Winx Club, One Piece, and TMNT is mind boggling.
If 4Kids gave out too many of their properties to other networks, there'd be no incentive to watch them on their own block.

Maybe Saban will pitch it to Nicktoons or The Hub when Sonic Boom launches on CN to cash in on brand name alone.
I don't think they'll be interested in a third-party show that's already been run to the ground for years and years on broadcast TV.

You can't be serious.

Sonic_Eclipse

If 4Kids gave out too many of their properties to other networks, there'd be no incentive to watch them on their own block.

I don't think they'll be interested in a third-party show that's already been run to the ground for years and years on broadcast TV.

I realize that, but it'd really be no different than other shows that air reruns in syndication while new episodes are exclusive to the shows home network. Such was the case with the other 4Kids shows that aired on CN for a brief period. In the end it doesn't really matter, as that opportunity passed long ago. The series did pretty well for itself just in broadcast alone anyway.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts