Saban Talkback: Saturday Standstill - Saban Talkback V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Welcome to the sixth talkback thread for Saban's Saturday Morning block the Vortexx. The lineup for the block can be found here: MyVortexx | Vortexx on the CW

There have been some changes for the Vortexx since the last talkback. Battle B-Daman Crossfire has been removed from the lineup and Digimon Fusion has finally started to air on the block. A new Yu-Gi-Oh! series called Arc-V has been announced. It will be starting this spring in Japan, but the official Yu-Gi-Oh! website says that it will come out this year, so a fall premiere on the Vortexx is expected. What other changes can we expect on the block? Find out as we continue discussing the block here.

aegisrawks

I hope both are hits for Saban.

Also, Saban has reached a new landmark 150.000 fans on Facebook!

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
More relevant than the PR news, there could be a new show coming to the Vortexx. Originally reported yesterday in Variety, then a formal PR Newswire press release today, Cirque Du Soleil and Saban Brands are developing an original kids TV show based on Cirque Du Soleil. The Vortexx makes the most sense for the show at the moment, as it would require the least amount of effort from Saban Brands part to get it on the block.

Sunnydee

More relevant than the PR news, there could be a new show coming to the Vortexx. Originally reported yesterday in Variety, then a formal PR Newswire press release today, Cirque Du Soleil and Saban Brands are developing an original kids TV show based on Cirque Du Soleil. The Vortexx makes the most sense for the show at the moment, as it would require the least amount of effort from Saban Brands part to get it on the block.

Hmmm, the variety article says that it would likely be appropriate for preschool kids and older. Since they're still developing the series, I'll just take part in some baseless speculation. I think that the tone might be closer to some of the live action shows that Litton makes for ABC or CBS maybe.

But if they want to animate them and make them solve wacky mysteries across the world count me in!!

It sounds like a great idea for Saban Brands though.

DonkeyKongSong

Hmmm, interesting. If it's "appropriate for preschoolers and older" it might end up being in the E/I hour, but on the other hand they might just stick it on Nick Jr. like with Julius Jr. However, this show's demographic looks a little older than that monkey.

DonkeyKongSong

I think it may go to Nick Jr like Julius Jr.

Well, it all depends on what demographic it actually targets. Julius Jr. seems like it's specifically a preschool show. This one may skew a bit older. And as we've seen before, unlike the other offshoot preschool network, this one actually caters to its demographic. ;)

Also, not that anybody cares, but Vortexx's Chuck and Friends website is now a 404 Error, though the links are still there and the episodes still work if you know their URLs/they are linked to.

EDIT: The B-Daman Crossfire site is a 404 Error too, with the episodes there as well. Surprisingly, the Nanoboy site is still functioning, as is the WWE site that still says "NEW SEASON - COMING SOON!"

DonkeyKongSong

Sorry for the double post, but here's a schedule:

Vortexx Schedule: February 15, 2014

7:00 AM Rescue Heroes #20 "Smokejumpers"
7:30 AM Rescue Heroes #21 "Edge of Disaster / Flood of Fear"
8:00 AM Sonic X #78 "So Long Sonic"
8:30 AM Bolts and Blip #23 "Fall Out" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
9:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man #24 "Subtext" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
9:30 AM Justice League Unlimited #61 "Ultimatum"
10:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai #67 "Another Time Machine? Bulma Uncovers a Mystery!"
10:30 AM Digimon Fusion #257 "Island Zone in Chaos!" US Broadcast TV Premiere Episode
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! #60 "The Master of Magicians - Part 1"
11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL #97 "Sinister Shadows" World Premiere English Dub Episode

This week:
- Premieres of ZEXAL continue
- Network premieres of The Spectacular Spider-Man, Bolts and Blip and Digimon Fusion continue
- Rescue Heroes starts airing double, replacing Chuck and Friends
- The series finale of Sonic X airs
- SPECIAL NOTE: This is the first episode of Digimon Fusion to not air on a widely available network. Ironically Zap2it is actually calling it new.

Sunnydee

Out of curiosity, is this the best Saturday morning lineup on TV right now? If not, where does it rank?

I think for me it is. But that might just because I'm looking for more action cartoons recently. It's a lot of fun to watch. And also I'm in love with the second season of Yu-gi-oh.

But the block as a whole is fairly solid from 8 - 12 . Not to say they can't improve or anything. I wish Sonic X would leave among other issues I have with the block. But overall, it's a pretty good lineup in my opinion.

DonkeyKongSong

When is that Hasbro Report coming?

What exactly are you talking about?

Out of curiosity, is this the best Saturday morning lineup on TV right now? If not, where does it rank?

I think for me it is. But that might just because I'm looking for more action cartoons recently. It's a lot of fun to watch. And also I'm in love with the second season of Yu-gi-oh.

But the block as a whole is fairly solid from 8 - 12 . Not to say they can't improve or anything. I wish Sonic X would leave among other issues I have with the block. But overall, it's a pretty good lineup in my opinion.

On broadcast, it's basically no competition.

aegisrawks

Im glad you both think that way.

Also, on Hasbro's report:You know, the one B-Daman has to be mentioned in to be a success, some people mentioned it back in the other thread...

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Hasbro released their third quarter results yesterday, and it did not mention B-Daman. They have their Toyfair presentation on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts