Saban Talkback: An Uphill Battle - The Saban Discussion V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Rumor has it that 4Kids wanted to try that but couldn't due to lack of funds. If Saban's interested, they could definitely do this.

Wouldn't be surprised 4Kids at least looked into the possibility of a 4th Sonic X season, other than Pok'eMon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe TMNT, Sonic X was one of their most successful properties.

Judging by the YouTube and Facebook comments, I wouldn't exactly say that double Sonic X is in "popular demand".

DonkeyKongSong

Wouldn't be surprised 4Kids at least looked into the possibility of a 4th Sonic X season, other than Pok'eMon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe TMNT, Sonic X was one of their most successful properties.

Judging by the YouTube and Facebook comments, I wouldn't exactly say that double Sonic X is in "popular demand".

Yeah, they did actually fund season 2 of Ultimate Muscle, and I think Yu-Gi-Oh! Pyramid of Light and Capsule Monsters were their creations.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
How do kids feel about Sonic X? With the ratings chart gone, we'll never know...

I'm sure they still love it. It has been running almost continuously for 8 straight years, and even after all that time, it's earned an hour long slot.

MadMan400096

World War I Flying Ace
Hey guys, I emailed Cathy Olsen about the lack of ratings, and this was her response:
Hi Adam,

We are working on the best way to integrate ratings in our new weekly format. I realize they have been absent in the past few issues, but they are indeed coming back. Which company are you with?

Cheers
Cathy

...should I tell her I work for ToonZone (even though I'm not even a moderator)?

Anyway, at least we know that they're still trying with the ratings.

gmster

...should I tell her I work for ToonZone (even though I'm not even a moderator)?

Heh. You could tell her you represent several interested parties at ToonZone. That's pretty accurate. Whatever makes you appear the most credible, business-wise. I doubt someone in her position is interested in exchanges with a fan, seeing as she assumes you're a company representative inquiring about their services.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Regarding some discussion of a new Sonic anime, the World Hobby Fair should be happening soon, so perhaps we may hear something then.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
I wonder if Vortexx plans to bring a newer Power Ranger Series to the Vortexx.

If so, I'd hope it's one that hasn't aired on Nicktoons yet. RPM is by far the best choice, as very few people actually saw it due to how Disney aired it, and thus it's practically a brand new series to the majority of the audience.

DonkeyKongSong

If so, I'd hope it's one that hasn't aired on Nicktoons yet. RPM is by far the best choice, as very few people actually saw it due to how Disney aired it, and thus it's practically a brand new series to the majority of the audience.

Oh yeah, this one aired exclusively on ABC Kids, where it was subject to constant pre-emptions and inconvenient timeslots. Therefore, it has had the least exposure of all the PR series. At least Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive, despite being exclusive to Toon Disney, actually aired there. (I would say Jungle Fury too, which also hasn't had much exposure yet, but it's on Nicktoons.)

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, they did actually fund season 2 of Ultimate Muscle, and I think Yu-Gi-Oh! Pyramid of Light and Capsule Monsters were their creations.

They did make Pyramid of Light and Capsule Monsters themselves. Although, that was back when they had some money and I don't think that they could get another season of Sonic X or start a new series by the time they looked into it. Saban could easily help fund a new series though. I'm not into Sonic X getting another slot, but I don't start to watch the block until 9AM anyway.

Also, were' getting close to the 1,000th post mark for this thread. Are there any suggestions for a title for the next thread? I apologize for not asking sooner, but with my laptop in the shop and only having access to my house's desktop computer, I couldn't get here much earlier. Anyway, if we do get to the next page before a name has been decided, I'll keep this thread open a bit longer, like maybe a day or two, before making a new one.

jerrymouse16

Sonic and Amy Forever!!!
You know, judging form comments on Facebook panning the new lineup, I think it's safe to say that Sonic X has officially become the The CW SatAM in general what Johnny Test is to Cartoon Network: the show that everybody hates, but is constantly spammed because it somehow draw viewers.

Ironically, both of those shows that you mentioned have aired on the CW.

MadMan400096

World War I Flying Ace
Ironically, both of those shows that you mentioned have aired on the CW.
Heh, I just realized that. Johnny Test aired its first three season on Kids' WB, whose last two season aired on The CW, and Sonic X has been aired on The CW since the death of 4Kids' Fox block.

Anyway, new name. I'm thinking, "To Raise a Network".

JusticeLeaguer

Watchtower
I just saw a promo for Slam that said the new episode for next saturday is at 10am. I wonder if it's just an old promo with the wrong timeslot listed. Either way, that's super confusing for fans.

DonkeyKongSong

I just saw a promo for Slam that said the new episode for next saturday is at 10am. I wonder if it's just an old promo with the wrong timeslot listed. Either way, that's super confusing for fans.

Up until today, MyVortexx.com still had Slam listed as being at 10am. The front page still has DBZ Kai at 10:30am.

The Talon

If Sega were to make a new Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon, I'd personally appreaciate it if it were based off the newest games, Colors & Generations. Seeing as how they both represent a rebirth of sorts for Sonic, & they did have some good writing & voice acting.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
If Sega were to make a new Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon, I'd personally appreaciate it if it were based off the newest games, Colors & Generations. Seeing as how they both represent a rebirth of sorts for Sonic, & they did have some good writing & voice acting.

I'd rather have the series be its own continuity, while still keeping the spirit of the games by using key elements of the series. I don't mind if it adapts some of the games plots, but I don't want the whole show to be adaptions of stories we've already seen, (I'm looking at you Sonic X - Season 2).

PokemonTVDub

Has anyone noticed? Before, Toonzai/Vortexx only displayed the "TV Y7 FV" box once at the beginning of the show, but now, it's being shown after every commercial break too, like on Cartoon Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts