"S.C.O.O.B." (Animated Scooby Doo theatrical movie reboot) Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I knew deep down it would happen given the current global crisis. But what if the whole thing ends sooner than everybody expects it to be? I hope that maybe it'll be moved to either June or July of this year if it does. Maybe Scoob can even take Wonder Woman 1984's old release date.
You guys are kidding yourselves. The virus is going to be around for months, if not years. There is no part of the movie industry's release schedule that won't be impacted.

Reactions: MegasMilo379

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Inverness, IL
But I want this COVID-19 pandemic to end as soon as possible if we flatten the curve and stay safe indoors for a week or two or else more 2020 movies will be postponed and the movie chains would never reopen and possible go bankrupt and then be out of business forever!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
But I want this COVID-19 pandemic to end as soon as possible if we flatten the curve and stay safe indoors for a week or two or else more 2020 movies will be postponed and the movie chains would never reopen and possible go bankrupt and then be out of business forever!
You and I have no control over that. It's not a question of what we want and or what we wish. It's a question of reality. Because of the botched U.S. response, the U.S. is now the hotspot for the disease.

I'm sorry this upsets you. It frankly upsets me too. But the reality is that until there is a vaccine in 18 months the movie theater business is probably shut down. Not permanently. But until people feel safe being in groups of people. This is not something we can pray away and this country is not taking the steps necessary to flatten the curve.

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Inverness, IL
You and I have no control over that. It's not a question of what we want and or what we wish. It's a question of reality. Because of the botched U.S. response, the U.S. is now the hotspot for the disease.

I'm sorry this upsets you. It frankly upsets me too. But the reality is that until there is a vaccine in 18 months the movie theater business is probably shut down. Not permanently. But until people feel safe being in groups of people. This is not something we can pray away and this country is not taking the steps necessary to flatten the curve.
You may be wrong if we slow the spread and flatten the curve on this COVID-19 pandemic days from now even with stay at home orders!

Asa

Jul 5, 2016
Glendale, California
This! No virus can last forever.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
You may be wrong if we slow the spread and flatten the curve on this COVID-19 pandemic days from now even with stay at home orders!
But we aren't on track to do that. The government is not helping in that regard. It won't just happen because we want it to. Things are actually going to have to change first.

This! No virus can last forever.
The Flu says hi. It didn't even exist until 1918.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Why hasn't Warner Bros. changed its mind over Scoob and take it the upcoming Trolls World Tour way by forgeting the movie theatres and take it straight to digital and VOD rather than postponing it from its May 2020 movie theatre release?
WB may not want to do that and tee off theatrical exhibitors. The Trolls World Tour move angered theater owners. Not that I think SCOOB is going to be a huge hit.

Other movies getting released on streaming have already had some theatrical releases already, and theater owners are understanding if studios want to expedite their streaming/VOD releases because of coronavirus, but they will get upset if studios just remove them from theaters completely.

Reactions: Frontier

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Inverness, IL
Well, let's take it one day at a time until these movie theatres reopen when COVID-19 subsides as soon as it can.

By the way, in that SCOOB pic right between Blue Falcon and Captain Caveman - is that a rare character from the 1979 Hanna-Barbera "Casper and the Angels" cartoon series (Can't tell if it is Mini or Maxi)?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Well, let's take it one day at a time until these movie theatres reopen when COVID-19 subsides as soon as it can.

By the way, in that SCOOB pic right between Blue Falcon and Captain Caveman - is that a rare character from the 1979 Hanna-Barbera "Casper and the Angels" cartoon series (Can't tell if it is Mini or Maxi)?
Dee Dee Skyes from Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Well I'm sure as the months and year progresses, the virus will vanish quickly if we stay home for extra times and everything starts to feel better.
This is untrue. The only things that would make the virus vanish quickly are a vaccine and / or a cure. We have to wait for one or both of those things. It's not going anywhere until then. Magical thinking will not cause it to go away. That's actually dangerous.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List