"S.C.O.O.B." (Animated Scooby Doo theatrical movie reboot) Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
1. So Velma is hispanic now?
2. Dialogue is very forced and cringey.
3. Sounds like it's trying too hard to be hip and modern.
4. It just comes off like the writers and filmmakers are trying to reinvent these characters but don't know how.

Frontier

Staff member
1. So Velma is hispanic now?
2. Dialogue is very forced and cringey.
3. Sounds like it's trying too hard to be hip and modern.
4. It just comes off like the writers and filmmakers are trying to reinvent these characters but don't know how.
The dialogue doesn't seem forced from Daphne and Fred for me. I don't think it's trying to be any more "hip and modern" then other animated films in it's vein as of late.

To be honest Velma's attitude is what bothers me more then anything else. That and I just still don't think Gina Rodriguez sounds like Velma. But so far the Gang still come off relatively in-character to me.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
The dialogue doesn't seem forced from Daphne and Fred for me. I don't think it's trying to be any more "hip and modern" then other animated films in it's vein as of late.

To be honest Velma's attitude is what bothers me more then anything else. That and I just still don't think Gina Rodriguez sounds like Velma. But so far the Gang still come off relatively in-character to me.

None of the voice actors sound like the characters to me.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, the voices for the cast seem pretty much fine to me. Velma sounds a bit more dismissive in her tone than I'm used to, so I can understand the issues with her voice. But Fred, Daphne and Saggy all sound fine to me. It's still weird to hear someone else play Fred, but I don't think that Zac Efron is a bad choice as far as celebrity voice actor choices go. The preview clip was pretty good and there were some funny moments, so I might try to rent this at some point myself.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I only really get that with Gina Rodriguez. From that clip I'd say Seyfriend and Efron sound like Fred and Daphne without trying to ape Frank Welker or Grey Griffin.

Efron is probably the worst version of Fred I've ever heard. Worse than Freddie Prinze Jr.

Frontier

Staff member
So this is Blue Falcon's son and not the original Blue Falcon? Maybe that's why Dynomutt is so different, he had to get more serious to balance out Blue Falcon's kid when he doesn't want to even deal with him :confused:.
Efron is probably the worst version of Fred I've ever heard. Worse than Freddie Prinze Jr.
I thought Freddie Prinze was an okay Fred...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts