"Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
I think Nico Colaleo mistook VRV for Netflix, since that is where the original Rocko series is streamed on.

I’m also gonna take the info Nico revealed with a grain of salt, since he obviously has no clue on what the plans for Static Cling are.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
I highly suggest taking this with a huge grain of sodium chloride salt, but according to a recent podcast, Hey Arnold creator Craig Bartlett said that Nickelodeon is considering putting Static Cling on streaming services, citing the demographic that grew up with Rocko's Modern Life would rather watch it via streaming more. However, I think, like what Nico said, the movie would be put on streaming after its Nickelodeon premiere.

I thought the interview was made after Brian Robbins became president of Nickelodeon, but this info came from Chris Viscardi's department in the network (the one with all the nostalgic stuff).

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Oct 29, 2016
New Mexico
A release alongside the Zim special makes sense.

Though, if Netflix isn't on the table, who is? Vrv? Will it be broadcasted on the regular networks like The Jungle Movie?

Reactions: 2 people

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
It could be that Static Cling will not be airing in 2018 like Nick originally planned, but will instead be airing on February 12, 2019. The article for the one-hour movie on Wikipedia says so.
I don't trust Wikipedia. Even if it was confirmed for 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if it aired during the Summer instead.
Unless if it’s cited with the information of the release from any given website, like @superkeegan9100 stated, Wikipedia is not a good place for source of information, and it’s possibly that a random user may had edited (I believe without source) to think it will be released on that assumed date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Action!

Jan 23, 2016
Maybe the reason why it is delayed is because Nickelodeon is evaluating wither or not it should air on Netflix.